Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm looking at getting a set of bipods for my 700 and was wondering what yall thought of the Harris 6"-9" set or if anybody could recommend another brand? Thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a Harris 9-13 on my SPS Varmint. It has done everything asked of it so far without complaint and I don't baby my gear. It is very stable and has held up well.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
You will be in good hands with the Harris Bipods ................ I would say this that if your only shooting from a bench to get a BR series bipod.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. Im gonna do some shooting on the ground but only during deer season. So I might just go with the BR series.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One more question about the bipods. Which size do you guys recommend the 6-9 inch or the 9-13 inch bipod?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
The BR series is 6-9 and the other one up is the normal 9-13. For bench shooting the 9-13 is a little to much for my preference.

·
Registered
409 Posts
For hunting, the 9-13, for sure. When using a little sandbag on the rear stock, you can still do bench shooting with it on 9. If you're not really going to hunt, get the 6 to 9 so you can get a little closer to the ground, or your bench. On my hunting trip this year, I shot a doe at 240 yards while I was proned out on a hill. I had my Harris set at about 11 inches to get over the short grass for the shot. I wouldn't have been able to make the shot if I just had the 6-9.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I preffer the 9-13" on all of my rifles. I am a little bigger of a guy than most so the shorter bi-pods tend to have me hunched over to look down the scope. I think the make I use is Butler Creek and they are affordable. Never had a problem with grip of the feet even with cold weather which normally makes the rubber on the feet stiff and slippery.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Lex264sho said:
is there any other place to order bi-pods without hitting about 100 bucks?
Midway USA usually has them in stock and about every 2-3 months places them on sale for $89. Midway is great to deal with.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have 3 Harris bipods. 2 in 6-9" with svivel head and notched legs (my recommendation) and, my first one because I didn't know better at that time, a 9=13" fixed head and spring loaded legs (not recommended).

I also have a Rock Mount in 6-9" with a swivel head, but it's a poor copy of the Harris made offshore.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I went to walmart and bought a Winchester bipod for 35.00, it's a p.o.s. When I hook it up to my savage 110 spotter barrel, the weight of the barrel makes the bipod legs start to drop while shooting.

·
Registered
105 Posts
A bipod can be used and removed from gun to gun when need be.
I would spend the xtra $$ on the Harris good quality original

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
jasonbourne said:
I went to walmart and bought a Winchester bipod for 35.00, it's a p.o.s. When I hook it up to my savage 110 spotter barrel, the weight of the barrel makes the bipod legs start to drop while shooting.

If you would of posted askin for info on the winchester bipod I would of told you myself that its a POS :D I had one a while back. Right after I pulled it out of the packaging I ran back to Wally World to return it for my money back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got a Remi 700 BDL Varmit in .223 and want to put a Harris Bipod on it. Looking at the 12-25" swivel, but was told something about the Harris does not fit the flat front of the Varmint series.
Is this true, and what do I need to get touse the bipod?

Will be doing mostly ground hog hunting with it.

(This is my second 700. I bought a 700 22-250 in the mid-1980's that i sold to my brother who still has it!)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts