Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone here has had there 700 action blueprinted and did it make much of a difference in the accuracy of the rifle?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
mine shoots to good to make me want to dump money into for blueprinting. If and when my rifle starts to shoot really bad then I will do a complete overhaul including a upgraded barrel. This is a good question though and I wounder what the experience with this is from some one that has done it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Kestral said:
I was wondering if anyone here has had there 700 action blueprinted and did it make much of a difference in the accuracy of the rifle?
well not yet kestral , mine is due to be blueprinted and rebarreled so i wont be able to see the benefit of just the blueprint . originally i went to see my gunsmith just to have a rebarrel and he talked me into the fully blueprint ! this is going to cost alot more than i paid for the rifle in the first place . but i think it will shoot like a demon hopefully , judging on his previous custom jobs (22 satan / bruce potts) this artical was in gun mart , and it was getting 1 and a half inch @500 y . well hopfully ill post some info on the new gun when its done , its being chambered in .223 Ackley , will have 29" walther SMG barrel fluted , will wear a pes moderator all sat in an AI stock. its troated to shoot 75 grain A-max. im hoping this set up will regulully get me kills out to about 600 , but weel see !

·
Registered
600 Posts
Blue printing/trueing your action is more about consistency over X amount of rounds. The axis of the bore and reciever being lined up and the mating surfaces being perfectly parrallel. Your eliminating as many variables as possibly to gain a higher level of consistency, and consistency = accuracy.

Anything mass produced is going to have certain manufacturing quirks, tooling dulls mistakes make it past QC.. ect. Search for "trueing a rem 700" on you tube. You'll see what exactly is being done to blue print an action.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts