Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering this scope for my new 700 Tactical AAC in 6.5 Creedmoor. The version I’m considering is 4-16 x 50mm, with a reticle made for the 6.5 Creedmoor! Reticle goes out to 700 yards. Seems to be a good fit. Have had good luck with Burris. Any feedback appreciated.

·
Administrator
690 Posts
Reticles that fall under BDC as this one has the limitation that it is correct (or close) for one type of ammunition. Without knowing what you intend to use it for I would caution you it may not perform as intended. The MOA and MIL hash scopes are more flexible but do require the use of a ballistic calculator. In either case you will need to verify the scope ar distance.

I have no personal experience with Burris scopes but have seen people use them on AR platforms.

Reactions: vinnyd

·
Registered
19 Posts
Considering this scope for my new 700 Tactical AAC in 6.5 Creedmoor. The version I’m considering is 4-16 x 50mm, with a reticle made for the 6.5 Creedmoor! Reticle goes out to 700 yards. Seems to be a good fit. Have had good luck with Burris. Any feedback appreciated.
I’m partial to the higher end, vortex lineups, I have a venom as well as a viper PST2. The venom is five 25 x 56, and the viper five 25 x 50. What, I like best about their products is the lifetime warranty. You can buy one used, then intentionally smash it against the wall. Call them tell them you intentionally threw it against the wall and bought it used and with no explanation required they will fix it free of charge, and even overnight ship it back to you. Their warranty is pretty much about as good as It gets

my go to guns are all 308 Winchester, so with weapons with your effective range in the 900 yard area, and for those engage in either hunting or recreational long-distance, I have yet to see two equally skilled shooters, and with both utilizing quality rifles, a $4000 Leopold or night force, will offer any advantage over a $1200 Vortex of the same power. Don’t get me wrong now both Leopold and knight force for obviously at the top of the heap, and the virtual Rolex is of the optic world. But that being said they will offer Joe average anything that will make him shoot any better than he can with the vortex.
That’s it at the end of the day, let your ego and will it be your guide, and that is always recommended by the best optic you can afford

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am partial to the Buris Veracity Riflescope 4-20x50mm. I know it's more money, but it is a much better scope IMO.I do have a couple of XTR II mounted on some rifles but still like the Veracity line over them....All Burris Optics (with the exception of Thermal products) are covered by the Burris Forever Warranty. They will repair or replace your Burris optic if it is damaged or defective. The warranty is automatically transferred to future owners.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts