Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from the range. With my favorite rifle out of comission (scope died) I took these two toys to the range. I actually forgot how much fun they are. Ammo used today was Federal (Lake City brass) XM193 55gr.

Left Bushmaster Varmiter / Right S&W MOE

SWFA SS 20X42 Fixed Power

Getting Setup

Good shot of the 553 A65 CCO / MOE Co-witness / Large Gunfighter charging handle

Bushmaster - 20 rounds at 200yds (quick pace)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Every since they became our issue M4 I've really been groovin on 'em. That 15T you have is our issue standard now.

What sits atop of it? CCO, Scope or irons?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Nice shooting there BOB4T :) I will have to try this with my Remington R-15 (AR-15) when I can take the scope off my .308 and put it on the R-15.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
On mine I have an eotech 516 with a eotech 3x magnifier with the flip to side. I also have the troy flip irons on it to co witness/should batteries ever go dead at a bad time lol.

Since when did they change to the mp15t?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Winxp_Man said:
Nice shooting there BOB4T :) I will have to try this with my Remington R-15 (AR-15) when I can take the scope off my .308 and put it on the R-15.

It's my favorite thing about the AR's - their speed with follow-ups. It only takes a few seconds to zip through the 20 round mag.

What a blast! You can see where I lost concentration momentarily :D A few rounds got away from me. haha

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jasonbourne said:
On mine I have an eotech 516 with a eotech 3x magnifier with the flip to side. I also have the troy flip irons on it to co witness/should batteries ever go dead at a bad time lol.

Since when did they change to the mp15t?

Wow, that sounds like a nice setup. 516 = AA batteries, non-flips and side adjustments? Is that right?
Yeah, you have to have the iron sights, just-in-case! Mine are setup to work through the CCO. :cool:

About a year or so ago, maybe a 2yrs, is when we started getting the MP15T's. I was already a fan of the M&P pistols, I carry the sub .40SW as a backup on my chest rig.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Thanks, my model actually uses cr2's. The buttons are on the side since I'm using the magnifier and I installed cgc flip up hoods on it replacing the factory cover.

It is not night vision ready but strangely enough when you remove the hood the button for nv is there. I believe it's just a cable that's not connected but I'm too much of a chicken to crack it open and find out lol. Here's a pic of my girl, I call her Betsy. She is also sporting a surefire milspec light. It is bright and HOT!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I wouldn't crack it open either. haha Really nice setup though. Is that a PMag? Nice.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Thanks. Yup when pmags hit the market I got a good deal and stocked up. I also made a retention device to hold to mags together as the normal couplers did not fit. Basically nylon flat rope with parachute buckle clips and sewed it together with black dental floss. That pic is missing my flip hoods and once in a while I relocatethe light to the side and mount a bipod for accuracy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts