Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and im going to get soon a Remington 700, so I would like to ask for some expert advice if possible! :)

I was going to use Warne Rings and Base, 99% sure I will get a quick detach ones. Could anyone suggest me a good combo for this setup?

Remington 700 Police
Bushnell 4200 6-24x50

Thanks!

Tony

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks JFComfort,

The US Optics base and rings seems to be well made, but they go a bit off from my budget. By the way, Im also from Outside the US so it may not be easy to order some stuff from the US.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Then you might want to check out the weaver tactical 3-15x50 illuminated. Unless you need that magnification. This scope has some really good reviews over at snipershide. I will get one really soon so I will also do a small review.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Winxp_Man,

I already have the Bushnell, so just the base and rings are needed for now. Btw, just in case, the Remington is in .308

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
My bad I read ur post wrong Warne rings will be just fine. I have switched to TPS steel base from swfa.com. The quality is great and stands up there with USO,NF and other high quality bases.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello,

Since I have to get the rifle ready for this week and have no time to order, im going to get the warne mounts and base that are available here in Spain. Any suggestion or which ones to get in warne only, model/number for the combo above?

Also, and since this isnt urgent anymore, I think I will order with some patience a combo of US Optics base, rings.. and a scope! :D

PS: Havent seen a bipod subforum, do you guys think the HBL Harris Bipod 9" to 13" is ok? ( http://www.harrisbipods.com/HBL.html )

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
From what I can measure if the of diameter of the scope is 2.218 you will have about .230 space between the rifle barrel and the scope objective.

And these are the ring you will want. They are the low height. http://swfa.com/Warne-Maxima-Quick-Detach-30mm-Rings-P9950.aspx

Now to be positive that you can fit a flip up cap I would go with these rings. http://swfa.com/Warne-Maxima-Quick-Detach-30mm-Rings-P9951.aspx

Both of these rings are QD models which will come in handy compared to the perminante install rings.

For a bipod if your shooting off a bench go with a 6-9. I use my 6-9 even when shooting prone and works perfect.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, well, almost ready to get it done. I will post some pics as soon as I get it :)

By the way, anybody know which one is the correct product for the 700 Police?

Im not sure if the Remington 700 Police is 6-48 screws or 8-40 screws... but im pretty sure the .308 is short action while .338lm is long action.

Thanks!

Antonio

·
Registered
639 Posts
Should have the 6-48 screws. The 6-9" Harris will be fine for prone as well as bench work unless you are a bigger bug then the 9-13" maybe better. The warne gear is fine. Im personally not a fan of verticly split rings though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts