Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm going to get a Remington 700 .308 but dont know if i should get a SPS Varmint or a VTR.

can someone give me some help?

i'm hunting and want to do some long range shooting.

many thanks

also i've seen a 700 Varmint at Dicks Sporting goods. is this version any different from the SPS varmint? i can get the later for 150 MORE at a local gun shop.

many thanks-

·
Registered
45 Posts
SPS, a number of reviews have said that the triangular barrel is awful, not to mention is looks goofy, but to each their own.

·
Registered
409 Posts
SPS. The heavy barrel (even the 20 inch one) is proven. Not too sure about the triangular barrel and porting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would say the 700 SPS as well. I just bought the 700 SPS with 24" Barrel for around $549 at Scheels. And dont forget, if price is a consideration, right now through the end of the year Remington is offering rebates from $30 to $100 of new 700 model purchases. I recieved $40 rebate on my SPS.

www.Remington.com/rebates

Rebates on the following models and ammunition:

Firearms
Model 870 Express
Model 1187
Select Model 700's
700 SPS
XCR II
CDL
CDL SF
BDL
VTR
XCR
XHR
Ammunition
Premeir Copper Solid Sabot Slugs
Core-Lokt Cartridges

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
^^^ well the link that I posted from buds gun shop has the 26 inch SPS varmint for 536 USD shipped home.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Is this from a friend or is this a retail store? because Buds had it for 536 plus another 40 I think in rebate. So it will come out to 496 with out the transfer fee though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts