Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the process of camo painting my 700P. I know I want to do a desert camo but cant decide on how to do it. Post up your cammos...lets see.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Well, You know my rifle is two tone desert. This one isn't mine but man it is cool!

I wasn't confident that I could pull off a paint job of this magnitude:

·
Registered
277 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I used blue masking film that sign writers use all you need is a stencil take it to them get them to cut it out to what size you want. I got a few different sizes and played around a bit till i was happy the end result was good only thing that let me down was the paint as we can't get Krylon in Australia only if you buy in bulk the finish was suposed to be flat but its far from being flat more semi gloss I reckon.

Start out with the first colour you would like to use then add your stencils then the next colour more stencils next colour and so on but make sure you choose your finished colour first and overlap the colour too it looks alot better. Theres a couple of pics below and a stencil just take it to your sign writer and tell him you want the patterns only and to weed out the rest.

Cheers Nathan

·
Registered
277 Posts
Holy Crap Pody!! That is awesome. You did a GREAT job on that paint scheme.

Looks remarkable.

·
Registered
123 Posts
B0BK4T said:
Holy Crap Pody!! That is awesome. You did a GREAT job on that paint scheme.

Looks remarkable.
Hell yea, looks great!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks guys
I just wish we could get the Krylon in Australia havn't been able to find a true flat paint like the Krylon is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts