Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at the choate ultimate sniper stock for my adl. my question is can i use this stock and keep my factory sporter barrel, or do i have to switch to a bull barrel? i love the feel of this stock but i really dont want to add more weight and my barrel does a good job as is. also, how do i remove the front iron sights off of my barrel.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
The barrel should be fine, a little extra free float space ain't a bad thing :)

As for the sights, I'm not sure. I think it may require a smith.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its got a set screw on the front sight, but i dont want to risk sscrewing anything up on my gun, id just like to remove it and get a nice muzzle break put on it. are you sure that wont be too much free floating. the choate stock will accomidate up to a 1.25" barrel.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont think the coyote or target will care what my gun looks like lol. has anyone had expirience with the sims barrel deresonator on a floated barrel. i have one on my gun now and only have noticed minute improvements.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Hollywood, I spoke to the owner of stockade stocks when looking for a stock to put on my savage 110 with a spotter barrel. He stated that the barrel would be very free floating and would not hurt anything at all. I did some research and if you look at some of these speed rifles the only part of the rifle the stock touches is the action and the barrel lug. The rest of the barrel is entirely exposed. They say it helps with natural harmonics. I'm still waiting to finish my current build before I start that one. The way I see it, it will work and if you ever decide to get a heavy barrel later on you will already have a stock that fits it

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I just bought one of those limbsaver deresonators for the savage. I heard that they help alot I am planning on taking Ito the range next weekend

Was the increase worth the hassle to get it on?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it cut my 300 yard groups down to about 2/3 the original size. i used to shoot for limbsavers elite pro staff for archery and they gave me a bunch of stuff for my rifles to try out for prototypes. as of right now i have a barrel deresonator on my .308 and both of my savages as well as the recoil pads and some nifty limbsavers they made for my sights but they never made it into production. ive never had a scope come loose lol. okay, now that i have figured out which stock im going to use where can i get a better bolt for my gun, id prefer stainless.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts