Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a good way to clean the chamber in my rifle, so I thought I would share it. Instead of trying to double up on patches and trying to clean out any solvents or cleaners from the chamber, I use a .308 chamber mop (since my rifle is a .308).

Also, what gave me the idea was that I have an AR-15 witch comes with a special .308 chamber wire brush. So I got to thinking, "I wonder if they make a chamber mop?" Sure enough, they do!

Here's what they look like..

I was surprised to see they have them available in many calibers! Some of you may already use a chamber mop, but I found it to work quite well!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Us Fullbore shooters have been using them for a while. I've been meaning to grab one myself.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have to admit I'm pretty lax about cleaning chambers in my bolt rifles. I'm slightly obsessive-compulsive about the chamber in my AR, though.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I spend more time cleaning the chamber of my AR more as well. I just want to keep up on the rifle chamber, give it a quick patch out, to prevent any build up. I've never really found the chamber of my rifle to be excessively dirty either, so I think that's a good sign!

·
Banned
1 Posts
I usually like to clean the chamber of my rifle with the .308 and it's better than other techniques. It is the soft and little bit better bristles to clean it nicely.

·
Registered
403 Posts
SemperFi said:
I found a good way to clean the chamber in my rifle, so I thought I would share it. Instead of trying to double up on patches and trying to clean out any solvents or cleaners from the chamber, I use a .308 chamber mop (since my rifle is a .308).

Also, what gave me the idea was that I have an AR-15 witch comes with a special .308 chamber wire brush. So I got to thinking, "I wonder if they make a chamber mop?" Sure enough, they do!

Here's what they look like..

I was surprised to see they have them available in many calibers! Some of you may already use a chamber mop, but I found it to work quite well!
Sweet! I will locate these .308 chamber swabs and stock up. I have been doing what SemperFi was saying and double patching the chamber....

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have been obsessive about cleaning the oil from my chamber, for a long time. To reduce backthrust on the lugs, I use a patch soaked in metho.

·
Registered
403 Posts
45R said:
You guys clean your ARs? :)
I do everytime after a shoot. I'm very OCD in keeping my weapons clean! ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts