Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experiance with the comp dies? I was thinking about getting some to make seating bullets more accurate and easier.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
For me I have them for everything but the new 300 WM. I love them and they work great for percise measurements when needed. I own 2 RCBS and one Redding.

·
Registered
36 Posts
desertdog said:
Anyone have any experiance with the comp dies? I was thinking about getting some to make seating bullets more accurate and easier.
hello desert dog , i use the rcbs comp die set like "Winxp-Man" and i can say the bullet seater is great , its easy and quick to adjust with thousand inch increments on it and i like the way you drop bullets in the little window that drop into there own seater guide , id say they were worth the money ! very consistent !

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have a set of the older RCBS comp dies (before they came out with their version of bushing dies) and they are the smoothest dies I have ever used. I also have Forster micrometer seater dies/sets in .204, 6mm, and .257 Weatherby. Unfortunately, I haven't used them yet. I'll be buying a concentricity gauge fairly soon, so I'll be able to check runout then.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the Redding Comp seating dies now so I have been using it and I have to say its a nice die! So easy to use and very consistant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts