Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in 1986, I got a new .270 ADL for Christmas. I love the rifle. It has shiny blued steel and an unattractive walnut stock. I've had a lot of luck with it but I really want to make it a BDL. While researching, I've been surprised that all of the trigger guard/floor plates for the BDL are aluminum. Was it always this way? Didn't they used to be steel? I don't think that doing a conversion is even worth it if I cant make it "period specific". Does anyone know if blued steel ones are available? Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'd try Numrich, as they sometimes specify the differences in parts if there are several versions of the same part. Since the floorplate /trigger-guard isn't serialized, getting one year-specific may be difficult.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scorpion. Thanks for the reply. I don't necessarily want one year specific. I'm just trying to keep from putting aluminum on a gun where it doesn't belong. I called Numrich and the girl told me that the one labeled "Factory Original" is aluminum. That really threw me for a loop. They DID used to be steel. Didn't they?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts