Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a court date for 11-29-10. Now while in the court room I did not feel like listening to everyone that had a case. So I get out my iPhone 4 and start checking my emails and reading online stuff being quiet and not bothering anyone near me or the court officials. After a few times of passing by this court official lady come up to me and tell me that I cant be on the phone ( WHAT THE F$^%K seriously ?) So I smiled and looked at her, and right at that instance I notice a cop that was waiting for his trial to start TEXT THE SH!T out of his phone and pointed to the cop then the lady leaves me alone.

Whats your guys opinion on this matter ? Did I do the right thing ?

And seriously I was not trying to be a COCK but whats the harm in me minding my own business and not makin any noise. Just like the cop was doing.
My only issue has been if the normal everyday person is not causing harm or crazy thing in society why F*#K with him ?

sorry for my language. :/

·
Registered
57 Posts
LEAVE ME THE **** ALONE!
I'm not hurting anyone.
I'm not breaking anything.
LEAVE ME ALONE!

That's what I think about it :D

You should be careful though, some judges are complete ***holes about cell phones!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Many of the court houses around here you cant take a cell phone that takes pictures into the court building. You have to "check" it at security.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FrankCastle said:
LEAVE ME THE **** ALONE!
I'm not hurting anyone.
I'm not breaking anything.
LEAVE ME ALONE!

That's what I think about it

You should be careful though, some judges are complete ***holes about cell phones!
hahahaha I like that :D

rifleman0714 said:
Many of the court houses around here you cant take a cell phone that takes pictures into the court building. You have to "check" it at security.
Well we have to put our phone through a X-ray machine all the time here in Sacramento. I have never heard of the camera issue they dont even mention anything about cameras on paper or signs. Then again they are the law makers and enforcers. But like a CHP officer that I had a chat with at a car show he stated this "If I want a citizen to follow the laws we have to enforce then I shall follow the same laws unless emergency."

·
Registered
120 Posts
here where I live you can not take a phone into the courthouse. If you have it you when you go through the metal detector they will confiscate it and you will NOT get it back.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where I live and work, when I go to court as a LEO, I am allowed to leave my phone on but I have to turn off my radio if I don't have an ear piece, and my phone has to be on vibrate. The citizens have to turn there's off. I am allowed to leave mine on as I am normally on duty and in-progress calls have a priority over court.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When i go to court as an LEO, I am able to have my radio on with an ear piece but that is very distracting. I use my cell phone on vibrate and dispatch or my other members of my crew can get a hold of me in an emergency. I would not text in court rooms and neither should you. I am not against it for passing time, but our Judges would really be annoyed at that. Some Judges may even push the envelope and show you in contempt or remove you from the courtroom, then you may have a warrant for your arrest for "Failing to Appear"..

I would say, "If it is a professional area, ie court room, i would not use your cell phone at all." The officer may have been doing something work related but I doubt that as well and I am a LEO.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Aron you may call into question that your not doing anything wrong, but you have to remember that if you are in a court room you are now in the judges world and what he or she says goes. In your eyes you may feel you did nothing wrong, but dont get on the bad side of a judge and made example of because then your court experience will end up a whole lot worse! :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
So can you txt off of it ?

I can but I don't. However callouts do go out to text messages on our phones since we got away from pagers.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well the officer that I saw was going to town on that phone. I can't say that it was not work related but IMO it did not seem work related. As for the judge he was a really cool guy if it did not make noise, or bother someone he didn't have an issue with it. I was in that court room for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours and I just didn't to sit there and listen to a ton of peoples cases.

I like the the officer that I talked to at the car show said "If the people cant do it then and officer should not do it unless its emergency."
I am of the principle that a real emergency will be a phone call not a txt message. Personally I will never txt versus call if there is a emergency. This goes back to the phone call/txt while driving. I have a friend that when for a ride along, and said that there are a ton of officers txtin and driving or talking on the phone. Also this one cracks me up quite a bit. The governator of California first lady getting caught driving and talking on the phone, and when it came time to pay for her actions she donated a DAM PHONE WTF ????? I thought that everyone is subject to the law no matter who you are. Again unless its a emergency, and us civilians have to obey then the higher up should also.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think that both civs and officers should be held to the same standards as well.
But I think those standards should be that if there is an emergency, you should be allowed
to step out of the court to take care of it without a judge reaming you.
Everyone has emergencies, it's just the active duty officers who have them more often and
they're usually a bit more serious!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree 100% and here in Sacramento that's how it is. It does not matter who if you have an emergency then you can leave out of the court room to attend to the call.

·
Registered
46 Posts
last time i was in court i was on archerytalks forum the entire time and they never said a word to me, then again they also never cought the fact that my belt buckle has a knife in it either lol. i completely forgot about it until i got into the court room lol. our courthouse is an absolute joke anyways

1 - 14 of 14 Posts