Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just gotten a previously-owned custom shop 700 in .35 whelan. I want to put a limbsaver on it and there are no visable screw holes on the factory Remington recoil pad. Anyone got any experience with this issue? thanks...

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
For mine I used a slip on limbsaver recoil pad and works great. I have a HS Precision stock from a 5R Remmy 700.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I assume by your question you want to remove the factory recoil pad. There should be two screws holding on the factory rubber recoil pad. These should be phillips head screws. Look closely at the recoil pad and try to find any suspicious spot where the two screws went in through the rubber. Then take a phillips head screwdriver (not too big) and rub some gun oil from the end of the screwdriver up the shaft an inch or two. Then insert the tip into the rubber and push down, feeling around for the screw. Once you find it simply unscrew. Do this for both screws and the pad should fall off. I have done this a few times and the hard part is finding where the screw is. Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts