Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, haven't posted in awhile but thought that I would put this on here for anyone interested. I know some of you guys frequent snipershide also, so you may have seen this. If not, here it is.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2792218&gonew=1#UNREAD

I will be purchasing a LA one for myself and a SA one for my buddies birthday. There is no reason for these to cost as much as they do from other manufacturers and I'm glad that someone finally decided not to bend over the customers.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Thanks, I actually missed that somehow.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No problem Bob! I order one of each this morning. I'll post pictures when I get them.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I'm looking at getting a LA and SA they look real good. :D

I saw these yesterday. Price is real good :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
Uses the AI\Alpha mags or whatever magazines there are out there that fit those types of systems. Unfortunately it does not come with a magazine, but for $90 for the bottom metal and $50-80 for the magazine you're still $100 less than, say, a Wyatt's ($250 with mag).

I ordered mine this morning. Colin was very quick with his response to my e-mail and was completely upfront that it could leave tomorrow, or it could be 2-3 weeks before it leaves, and then 10-14 days shipping (it's coming from down under). Then again, for $90 you won't see me complaining.

When I get mine I'll post some pictures. From the pictures I've seen it looks top notch.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The group buy ended 9/30.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2792218&nt=2&page=1

Here's the site..maybe if you e-mail Colin and ask him you'll still get the price. If not, check out the group buy section. Since he put this up, CDI and R+D have their's listed for $110-130, no mags included.

It's amazing what happens when there's competition..there's no way a piece of aluminum with some basic machining and a spring costs $300.

·
Registered
477 Posts
thanks etkini.....got in touch with him. he's gonna extend me the group buy. about to send him the money now. cant wait to get this bad boy.

thanks to the OP as well.

anyone gotten theirs yet?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I know a couple people on the hide got their's already.

I e-mailed Colin a couple days ago. He told me they were going to start shipping this week, and he'd send individual e-mail confirmations as they got shipped.

I can't wait..now the hard choice is which magazines to order. I'm thinking I'll get some McRee Precision magazines this Thursday.

·
Registered
477 Posts
yeah i saw some pics over at the hide. they look awesome. colin said it would be 1 to 2 weeks before it shipped. that's good though, i'm gonna look around for some magazines and see who's offering the best deal. we have a gun show coming up in a few weeks, maybe i can score some there so i dont have to pay for shipping.

·
Registered
203 Posts
762 said:
MidwayUSA has 10 round mags on sale for $50 ($55 shipped to me, but that may vary depending on where you live). reviews seem to be pretty good for it. figured i'll try it for $50.....anyone have experience with them?

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=628477?cm_cat=Cart&cm_pla=ProductDesc

EDIT-guess i should say, they're c products brand. they're regularly $57.99, but they're on sale.

I love midway, I have got a lot of stuff from them and they ship out fast.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
477 Posts
i agree 100% kansas. i was buying one either way. i got lucky and colin was nice enough to hook me up. i've been telling all my buddies about it (and i didnt even say anything about the group buy)

i'm gonna do some googling tomorrow at work and see how much i can find the AI mags for. brownells has them for $79.99.....those alpha mags look good too though.

i just realized i'm may have to drop some coin on a 5 round mag too. you arent allowed to hunt in NC with a magazine larger than that. (according to my memory, gonna have to look into that)

thanks for link, it's bookmarked

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
762 said:
i agree 100% kansas. i was buying one either way. i got lucky and colin was nice enough to hook me up. i've been telling all my buddies about it (and i didnt even say anything about the group buy)

i'm gonna do some googling tomorrow at work and see how much i can find the AI mags for. brownells has them for $79.99.....those alpha mags look good too though.

i just realized i'm may have to drop some coin on a 5 round mag too. you arent allowed to hunt in NC with a magazine larger than that. (according to my memory, gonna have to look into that)

thanks for link, it's bookmarked
No problem 762, I need to check on Kansas laws but I don't think that there a limit on mags for hunting. Good thing too because I'd eventually like to build an AR for hunting. Just gotta figure out all of the logistics. Glad you were able to get in on the GB price. Always nice to save a little bit when you can.

·
Registered
477 Posts
same here, as soon as my P226 gets in i'll be saving for an AR. the deer are so small where i hunt (all the ones that show their face when i'm hunting lol), a .308 is overkill for them. i good hunting round in .223 will take them down quickly and humanely.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
762 said:
same here, as soon as my P226 gets in i'll be saving for an AR. the deer are so small where i hunt (all the ones that show their face when i'm hunting lol), a .308 is overkill for them. i good hunting round in .223 will take them down quickly and humanely.
Can you use .223 where you hunt? We have to use larger than .223. I'm starting to look at 6.5 spc or something else. Dunno yet for sure.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts