Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my SPS Tactical out today to get the new Falcon Menace zeroed and I wasn't impressed at all. USUALLY there are sandbags at the range, but there weren't any on this trip so I used a Shooter's Ridge Rock Mount bipod that I "borrowed" from my Ruger 10/22 VLEH. I peered through the scope, squeezed the sand sock to get the minute adjustments, got a pause in the breathing, started the trigger squeeze, and ZIIIIP, the bipod slid on the table. All 18 shots hit inside the 3" square on the 100 yard target, but the bipod was sliding like it was greased. In the defense of the bipod, it was 30 degrees, maybe the rubber feet weren't flexing enough to get a decent purchase. Shooting with the TIS sling, I got 2" groups with the rest of the ammo (all 5 shot groups, emptied one box).

I wasn't impressed with the 150 grain American Eagle ammo on previous trips, but I had 2 more boxes to shoot up. I'm gonna use some GMM tomorrow, and use my ruck.

Lessons learned:

1. Bring my rucksack. (or get a better bipod)

2. Use better ammo.

3. Shooting stuff is fun.

We'll see what it does tomorrow!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Well I'm not to impressed with my RR mount bipod. For the money if thats all you can get I will say its decent. I have one on my Remington R-15 and I don't really like it much compared to my Harris bipods. I will sell the RR bipod eventually and get me another Harris for it :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yeah, Harris is all I use. I never rely on the range having anything besides benches and stools, and I wouldn't use the stuff there anyway.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Use a ruck/pak/bergen and you will notice a big difference. I use one and a rear sand sock. Lets me shoot nice and tight and get my position right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts