Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a portable shooting bench from DOA. It is a company of Marines, who are making a heavy duty bench. It seems to be made of industrial quality materials. Here are some pictures I took this morning. It is very easy to assemble and disassemble. The website shows the table top handle cut into the top, but you can see it is now has an industrial grade handle on the bottom, eliminating the hole. It came with two decals which I did not like. I took most of it off, but was a little tough in 30 degree weather. The top of the table stands at 44 inches which is very comfortable for me. This top is 30X45. Like other similar benches advertised, the top and seat move 360 degrees, independent of each other. I have not personally tried other portable shooting benches, but I do like this one. Here is a link to their site. www.doatactical.com/360doabenchpictures.html

·
Registered
526 Posts
That looks like a good one. What is the top made of? I put a piece of carpet on my top to keep my empties from rolling around and provide a soft place for my tender elbows.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, the top is made of 1 1/2" of solid birch. You can get different finishes. Carpet is a good idea. I will probably do the same. I am going to mount a boat seat with a back rest like I saw what you and Red did. That looks like another good idea.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Make sure that you can lean back without it tipping over. We had to make our legs a little longer and I put holes in the ends of the legs so we could stake them down with pole barn spikes.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The thought of falling backwards with that top and a rifle and other things on the top is scary. A moment of relaxation that turns into catastrophe. Thanks for the warning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts