700Rifle.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this maybe in the wrong section....but im waitin on my bolt to return from gettin a Tac Ops knob installed for my 700 SPS Tactical.
while im waitin, im fixin to order a scope, rings, and base for it. will have a EGW 0MOA picatinny base, burris XTR low rings, and a SWFA SS 10x42 scope. does anybody know if the bolt will clear the scope when you go to load/eject a shell??? i know i should wait before i order anything but i have had the gun a while and still havent shot it...
thanks

·
Registered
795 Posts
That's a tough one to figure out. You may have to call Mike at Tac Ops and ask him directly he may know. I know that on my SPS Tactical, the bolt clears maybe a 1/2 inch and that's on high rings and a 20 MOA base!

I would say it probably would clear, but I'm not sure with a Tac Ops knob.

·
Registered
639 Posts
It should clear. I have a 20MOA base, Med rings and scope and the bolt knob clears. It should with yours aswell.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Quick, could you snap a close up view of the bolt open showing how it clears the scope? I'm curious to see how much room there is.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
639 Posts
yeah sure mate. Ill get one up within the next day or so.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Gents, here are two pics that should help you guys out. The bolt in two different positions.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I use Leo STD base with low rings. Abt. 2-3 mm clearance between barrel and 40 mm objective (Leo). And tactical knob moves free.

Doc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts