Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i finally got my scope, rings and bases installed and my rifle is now shootable. they're the EGW 20 MOA bases with the Burris XTR medium rings and the Vortex 6.5-20x50 scope. a big deal was determining ring height needed, which i see a lot of people ask about on various sites. i thought with the 50mm bell i would for sure need the medium mounts even with the 20 MOA bases. i even called Burris and told them the base and scope i was using. i was told i would need at least the mediums or even the high rings... WRONG :/ may get lower rings down the line but not sure. the scope only has about 3" of eye relief thats why it looks far back. wish i had better natural lighting.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Nice looking good there :D

Now get some shooting in and see how it prints :) Then of course post here!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
should be going out to my range, Boulder Rifle & Pistol Club, Saturday after the Gun Show here in Vegas. you going desertdog, its at Cashman? gotta pic up some .45 ammo and whatever catches my eye. gotta work up a load after sighting in the scope using Varget and 168 SMKs. Sierra recommends loads of [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected] out of a 26" barreled Savage. thats my starting point. i have broken in the barrel by fire lapping with the Tubbs kit. guess i won't really know if it helped since i don't have any before shots to compare to. oh well if holes are touching then i will assume it helped :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
I think the gunshow is at the Sports Park there on Sunset, which I dont really like, the shows there seem small. Not sure if Im going, my brother is going Sat and if he says it sux then Ill wait to go to a Claude Hall Show at Cashman.

I was on the board and headed up the youth shooting program at BCRPC. I like that range.

Man in the good old days the Cashman shows were AWSOME, all the military veh. and rows and rows of good stuff. Even had the GreatWestern Show there at the Convention Center, huge show. Met Gunny Hathcock at the Sands Conv. one time at a Soldier of Fortune Show. The line was so long for his autograph/book so I didnt wait around. Now I see his signed books are close to $1,000.00! Damn.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its not at Cashman its at the Sports Center on Sunset and LV Blvd. hopefuly the ammo guys i see at all the shows will be there even if it is a small show. they were at the Southpointe one. just need some .45 reloads mainly.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so i went to the range today and found out my Vortex will not hold a zero. did the box test and some other things and yea... no zero. gonna ship it back to Vortex tomorrow or Monday and see what happens. supposedly their customer service is top notch so we'll see.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
You will be fine in the hands of Vortex they really do take care of there customers.

I'm surprised mine is holding on being its on a 300 WM. I have to try a box test next time I'm out shooting.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
please try the box test next time and let me know your results. do you have any videos of the 300WM with the Vortex on YouTube?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I do have some from the range trip with 308isgreat on here. I will post some tomorrow on my channel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts