Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a B/C Medalist 700 in.223 that is begging for a drop mag! Is there a recommended drop in for this stock? Does AI offer a 10 round mag in .223? Does the 5 round hang below the stock? Badger seems to offer bottom metal for .308 and up-will it fit in the .223. If the AI .223 mag will fit the Badger, does the 5 round mag hang down low enough to protect the mag release lever? Pictures would be a HUGE help! Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I put a Wyatt's Outdoor DBM in my R700 .308 M24-gery, got it with one mag for $225 from a really helpful guy on Gunbroker..... Additional mags were only about $55, in 5 or 10rd, and both types have operated flawlessly. The 5 round mags stick out the bottom of my H-S Precision PST025 about two inches and the 10 round about 3.5, but with even with the shortish 6x9 Harris, bipod, I haven't had any issues with the mag contacting the bench or ground. The lower receiver portion has a really nice finish, and the mag release is a very ergonomic and functional little button inside the front of the trigger guard instead of some big AK-ish tab out front like the Badger Ordinance and others.

All things considered, I have absolutely no complaints about this DBM at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts