Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody own one, or have advice on it. I want to mount it on a AR for both target/home defence. Found a site which is selling them at $389.00. My only reason for not getting the 512 is i would like to stay under $400.00 Thanks Mike

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am not familiar with the 510 but I did have the 557 which is specific to the AR in .223 along with the Eotech 4X (not 3X) multiplier. Was a great set up since the 557 took into consideration for 55gr bullet drop, etc. I did ended up swaping a guy for a ACOG TA-31 and then added a RMR Reflex led red dot. ONe heck of a set up I can assure you. Hope this helps and BTW the Eotech t557 has the controls on the side vs in the back which is very important if you end up putting a multiplier on it.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
The eotechs come ready to mount.
If you later opt to get the magnifier I highly recommend getting the flip to side mount so you can go from long range to close quarter and back in a second.

I have a 516 on my mp15t and love it I also have a magnifier the 3x

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Just for future reference this should be posted in the Optics thread. Not trying to be a ass here just trying to help keep things arranged incase someone else needs this info :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not a problem Win. I only posted in General Dis. because it had nothing to do with long range shooting.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Well this is Long Range General Discussion :)

By the way I was looking into the Red Dot optics and I'm really interested in the AIM Point with a Magnifier for my Remington R-15 (AR-15 just a Remington version)

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Can't say that I have had any experience with that model. I did some research and from the pictures it seems to be slightly smaller than the 516 series.

On a different token, a few sites are reporting the 510 to be a knock off air soft version of the 511 model.

I wish I could tell you something usefull but I'm at a loss.

From what I gather, do not order it off eBay as there is a huge knock off market posing as authentic.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
^^^ eBay is known for that. I remember when people started posting the fake Leupold Mark 4 scopes on there it was a real big issue. I would rather buy from a known dealer even if your paying a couple extra dollars. This is just to make sure your getting the real deal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts