Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My "First" 700, i say that because it was the first gun i bought by myself, turned 18 and bought it just monday. found a decent deal with a gun i figured i could work with, a Rem 700 SPS Varmint with a decent hunting scope package for $450. I bought it as a semi practical/Target gun with plans on customizing it to my specs over time ofcourse. I joined this site after looking around to see what all others have done with their 700's. Any opinions on good Scopes/Stocks??

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'll throw in my .02c =

B&C stock, they make several diff models.
SS Scope, cheap and rugged. Outstanding scope for the money.

Mine started out an SPS too. Look forward to your upgrades and seeing the progress.

BTW - That camo and floor pattern look really cool in pic#1. hahaha

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Congrats, it's a beauty! I'm going to have to give a +1 to a b&c stock! I have a medalist a5 but on my next build I'm getting "hook"

·
Registered
47 Posts
1) What caliber?
2) What do you intend on using it for?
3) Do you reload?

Before Id spend the $$ for a totally new stock Id pillar bed the one you have. That will give you a base idea of how accurate YOUR rifle is. Next, if i couldnt adjust the trigger down light enough to do serious target shooting....Id invest $$ eith either A Timney ( #2 choice) or a Jewell trigger (#1 choice)

Scope choices? Lots depends on how much $$$ you're willing to part with

Ya got a good start though partner

·
Registered
46 Posts
I like the laminate stocks, but that is my preference. This one started out as a plain jane Wal-Mart ADL, so get ready for the addiction.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sully2 said:
1) What caliber?
2) What do you intend on using it for?
3) Do you reload?

Before Id spend the $$ for a totally new stock Id pillar bed the one you have. That will give you a base idea of how accurate YOUR rifle is. Next, if i couldnt adjust the trigger down light enough to do serious target shooting....Id invest $$ eith either A Timney ( #2 choice) or a Jewell trigger (#1 choice)

Scope choices? Lots depends on how much $$$ you're willing to part with

Ya got a good start though partner
Its a .308, and i intend on using it for Hunting/Target shooting, and yes i do reload. I dont like the stock it has, so i was deff gonna get something else then glass bed it of course. Thanks for the input tho fellas

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just thought id throw in an update pic with my other scope on.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gonna paint the stock for the hell of it sometime this weekend, ill post pics when im done, gonna try a Tigerstripe camo pattern

1 - 9 of 9 Posts