Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First firearm ever bought! It's kind of a budget build but she performs great!

700 SPS .30-06
Accushot Monopod
Blackhawk Ammo Cheek Pad
Kwik Klip Conversion w/ 10rd Mag
EGW 20 MOA Base
Burris XTR Low Rings
Burris 3-9x40 Fullfield 30 Euro
Harris S-BRM Bipod 6-9

Next up is a new stock!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Cherns said:
bt1911 said:
Uhh....Are those brass knuckles hanging off the bipod?
ya, haha!
"Too close for bullets.....switching to brass knuckles!" Geeeezzzz now I have seen it all! Funny stuff.....by the way not a bad start and a good stock will benefit you greatly. Any particular stock your looking for?

·
Registered
143 Posts
First rifle or not I think you did well with that set up, it's got some
nice pieces on it which put you ahead in the game already.
Let us know how she shoots and what stock you go with.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yeah, new stock and it will shoot much better I think. Nice rifle.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice looking rifle, good choice on caliber. Carlos Hathcock USMC did very well with the 30-06. Do you know what stock you are going to go with? I love my H-S Precision.

·
Registered
103 Posts
What trigger came on your SPS? What is the pull weight set at? IF you can get it down to around 2 to 2 1/2 lbs, it will be easier to get more accuracy potential out of your rifle.

·
Registered
496 Posts
i just finished mine with a bell/carson medalist stock in the a-5 version . before i had tthe stock replaced and had it accurized it shot sub moa groups now it REALLY SHOOTS WELL (half in groups) in a perfect triangle and have just begun to taylor a handload for her. great choice. thanks....swampthang

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone, I'm looking to put a B&C Medalist A2 with a Karsten cheek pad. Also just upgraded the scope to a WOTAC 4-14x50.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Cherns said:
Thanks everyone, I'm looking to put a B&C Medalist A2 with a Karsten cheek pad. Also just upgraded the scope to a WOTAC 4-14x50.

This will do you some real good :D

are you planning on doing a barrel upgrade also ?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
hahahahahaaha take your time bro i guess just put a money jar aside and dump a few cents here and there and make it work :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
nice gun. where can i find a Monopod ? im new to all this and saw one but could never find one so i keep useing a box of 100 40s&w rounds lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts