Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been shooting for some time but never reloaded a thing. Is it safe for me to buy a RCBS kit or similar and reloading manual and do it by myself or do I need someone to show me how and make sure things are correct?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Welcome to the site! once you get the basics down reloading is super easy, and a very effecient way to make extremely accurate ammo! Thats exactly how I got started some time back... Got a reloading manual and a kit, watched a few youtube video's, and tinkering to see what worked and what did'nt. If you have questions here is definetly the place to be to learn! by the way, awesome choice going with RCBS!!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
It's perfectly safe. Just stay within the parameters of the reloading manual until you gain experience.
The main thing is pay VERY CLOSE attention to what you are doing, reloading requires your complete and
undivided attention at every step. If in doubt don't until you find out for sure that it's safe. Start below max and work your way up.
Many times you will find your accuracy node is below the maximum loading.
Good luck and good choice on the RCBS equipment. If you need something be sure and ask, somebody on
here can at least tell you what not to do!!!!! LOL.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Welcome to the site and what the fellers above said PLUS YOUTUBE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there is a lot of info on there for when you stuck and us shooting friends here dont respond fast enough :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
just pay attention and youll be fine. Its not hard, and the good side effect, deals, that rifle at the gunshow that was cool, but was in a weird caliber, you can make an offer for and walk away with some nice deals. RCBS, is great stuff, and you will save alot, thats the only way I can afford to shoot some of the ones I have, priced a box of 338 Lapua lately?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts