Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wifes son brought the grandboys (12 and 10) over to fish in the pond. They brought their own cane poles, crickets and worms. We threw their gear in the back of my pickup and to the pond we went. I noticed my spinning rig in the truck, so once I got the boys set up on the dock, I grabbed my rod and reel. Only problem was I didn't have my tackle box, so I figured I'd catch me a frog and put him on the hook and toss him into the pond and with a little jerkin' and twitchin' I might catch me a big ole bass. I started walking along the bank of the pond and saw a moccassin with a frog in his mouth, so I grabbed me a heavy tree limb and pinned the snake down and picked him up behind the neck. Well, I wondered how am I gonna get this frog out of the snakes mouth. I had me a bottle of Budweiser in my other hand, so I tried pouring some beer down the snakes mouth. At first he swallowed the beer, so I poured some more and this time his eyes kinda rolled back in his head and he spit out the frog. I threw the snake to the side and grabbed the frog. I put the frog on my hook and started jerkin' and twitchin' that rod when I felt a tapping on my boot. I looked down at my feet and it was that moccassin with two more frogs.

·
Registered
121 Posts
RidgeRunner said:
My wifes son brought the grandboys (12 and 10) over to fish in the pond. They brought their own cane poles, crickets and worms. We threw their gear in the back of my pickup and to the pond we went. I noticed my spinning rig in the truck, so once I got the boys set up on the dock, I grabbed my rod and reel. Only problem was I didn't have my tackle box, so I figured I'd catch me a frog and put him on the hook and toss him into the pond and with a little jerkin' and twitchin' I might catch me a big ole bass. I started walking along the bank of the pond and saw a moccassin with a frog in his mouth, so I grabbed me a heavy tree limb and pinned the snake down and picked him up behind the neck. Well, I wondered how am I gonna get this frog out of the snakes mouth. I had me a bottle of Budweiser in my other hand, so I tried pouring some beer down the snakes mouth. At first he swallowed the beer, so I poured some more and this time his eyes kinda rolled back in his head and he spit out the frog. I threw the snake to the side and grabbed the frog. I put the frog on my hook and started jerkin' and twitchin' that rod when I felt a tapping on my boot. I looked down at my feet and it was that moccassin with two more frogs.
God gave us two ends - one to sit on and one to think with. Success depends on which one you use. Heads you win, tails you lose.
LMAO!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey RidgeRunner I have a question, and be honest. How many Bud's had previously been in your hand prior
to deciding to pick up a snake??????? I think I would have passed out from too many Bud's before picking
it up. LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts