Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys whats Up? I just Finished my cheek rest build on my H.S.P. Stock. It wasn't to bad hard of a task, hopefully if my buddy wants his done i can give a more detailed process, but heres what you'll need.
1 quart of reinforced fiberglass
1 cheese grader (file)
60 or 80/100/220 grit sandpaper
paint of your choice
also get an idea of how high your cheekrest needs to meet the proper cheek weld.
Step 1: Rough area to be fiberglass, I used 60 gritt for this.
Step 2. Mix Reinforced Fiberglass per directions, lay a big amount where your cheekrest will be, (take care to leave room for the bolt to come out of your gun.) slowly work to get a rough shape of how you want your cheekrest to look,(this take 2-3 times of building up,shaping up., use the cheesegrader file to cut the glass just as its curing,(saves lots of sanding.) then follow with 60/or 80, then 100. repeat this step if applicable.
Step 4: Do 1-2 skim coats with the reinforced fiberglass, or an epoxy, just a very small skim coat dont want to build up much here.
Step 5: Paint with your color of choice.
I don't have anything against the looks of the cheekrest that you drill your stock out for, but this is the look I prefered, Time will tell how durable this will be, but having autobody experierence, hopefully it will pay off.

·
Registered
477 Posts
that looks great jezz!!! nice work! i'm in the midst of redesigning the buttstock and grip of my HSP stock. i'm gonna be adding an adjustable LOP to mine as well, sort of like the M24 has.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts