Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Damn guys this looks like alot of fun! Really nice to have some vast wide open areas to shoot. It's a pleasure to have read some of your posts and get really interested in long range shooting.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
308isgreat said:
Damn guys this looks like alot of fun! Really nice to have some vast wide open areas to shoot. It's a pleasure to have read some of your posts and get really interested in long range shooting.

It is a great shooting spot! I am glad that you are enjoying the posts, we have a great time! I think I speak for the group in saying that we ALL feel fortunate to have met such a good core group of like minded individuals who all have a common goal...that being putting rounds on target at long/extreme ranges. I have learned alot in the last few years shooting with these guys, they are very talented shooters, I came from the hunting side of the sport, but have always enjoyed shooting. I have learned alot and continue to learn every time we go out. There is nothing like the sound of steel pinging on the first round when you know that you, reloaded the ammo, made the elevation adjustment, made the wind call, and kept squared away enough behind the rifle to make the hit! There is no other sport like it in the world!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Hognuts,

Great pics, rifles look amazing, I also am from a hunting background and am just getting serious about my target shooting.

What is the folder on the shooting mat.?

Excuse my ignorance...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mr Precision said:
Hey Hognuts,

Great pics, rifles look amazing, I also am from a hunting background and am just getting serious about my target shooting.

What is the folder on the shooting mat.?

Excuse my ignorance...
The folders on the mat are our D.O.P.E (Data Of Previous Engagements) They have all of our elevation settings for various distances with different loads/different enviornmental conditions. Various other notes on angle equations to compensate for high angle shots etc..The particular ones in the pictures are sold by "Storm Tactical" We all pretty much used to just keep a spiral notebook with notes jotted here and there, this is just a more organized version of what we had done before and they are written on "write in the rain" paper that will stand up to field conditions better than our old spiral notebooks, plus they have different options for the binders so you can re-organize things if you find the need...just keeps things from getting cluttered and if you need something specific for a match or what have you, you can move that information temporarily to have quick access to it. It also has a small pouch in the back, I keep my Kestrel in there so it is always with me when I need it instead of having to dig through my range bag.

I have one for each of my long range rifles. It keeps things organized and makes it alot easier to duplicate some of the longer shots if you have good data and keep it recorded.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you were talking about "folder" Meaning the "folding stock" It is a MOR 07 by JP rifles on Dane's 6.5 creedmoor, but if you were talking about actual folders, then see above paragraph! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts