Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I pick mine up tomorrow from my uncles gun shop. Pretty excited about it but don't even get to get her fully set up to shoot until early/mid June. I am putting a Nikon Monarch 6-24x50 on it (Maybe a 4-16x42) I almost got it in a 308 but already have two in a Browning BLR and a Ruger Hawkeye. I also have a Ruger M77 Mark II 30-06 and a Remington 700 SPS 270. I also have a few more high power rifles but nothing to be too excited about.

BTW I'm Eric I live in St. Louis, MO. I love to hunt and fish. I hunt pretty much everything (Hogs to Squirrels to Elk). I got the 223 to shoot coyotes instead of using my 17 or 308s. Although I already am debating to just get a 308 for a 3rd 308. I am also a HUGE bow hunter. If I'm not at work or the range I am bow hunting during season. Two years ago I got 11 deer with it and 1 with my 308. This year I only got 6 and 2 turkeys with my bow. I was the vice president of the shooting club/team at my high school. I also race street bikes on tracks around the country.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i've actually been thinking of getting the Tac 223 for coyote hunting. recently sold my Savage in 22-250 that the barrel was shot out to get a SPS-V in 308. now i need to get another coyote rifle for the upcoming season. not sure on caliber though?

·
Registered
277 Posts
So how'd it go Eric? got that thing setup yet?

what kind of distance you guys shooting at those coyotes?

A .308 would take 'em all the way out to 800 meters or so effectively.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts