Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner

Happy Halloween

5K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  Doug308 
#1 ·

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
It's McNett gun wrap. The brown is desert digital and the other is Marine digital. It's kind of temp solution for me. I am waiting on a new Bell & Carlson Medalist tactical stock and I am seriously thinking about Dura Coating it once installed. I did it to my AR-15 and loved it See pics in the non 700 section). Not sure what scheme I'll use though. I need a mix of colors for the area of Southern Missouri I'll be in. Browns and greens of some sort. The McNett is a great addition for improving grip though. And it only sticks to itself.

jinxed247 said:
U2....what material r u using?

Discussion starter · #5 ·
I can recommend the Dura Coat highly. I have done my AR and my Glock. No more oiling the outside. Impervious to dirt, solvents, weather, even salt water. And if you can use an air brush it's a breeze to put on. Lauer Custom Weaponry has stencils and kits to recreate specific patterns (Flecktarn, DPM, Digtial Destert, etc). And you can do it yourself a lot cheaper than you can have it done for you. I am not sure what color scheme I'll do on the 700 yet.

SemperFi said:
Looks like a nice rifle! I like jeweled bolts as well! How well does that duracote hold up? They do look nice painted... I would like to try it on a gun as well!

Discussion starter · #7 ·
To my knowledge there's not much it won't stick to. With a flex additive you can even spray tires. Like all paints/coatings, the important part is in the surface prep. But if you get one of LCW's Camo packs (stencil and Dura Coat) it somes with a very good instructional DVD.

SemperFi said:
Doug308 said:
I can recommend the Dura Coat highly. I have done my AR and my Glock. No more oiling the outside. Impervious to dirt, solvents, weather, even salt water. And if you can use an air brush it's a breeze to put on. Lauer Custom Weaponry has stencils and kits to recreate specific patterns (Flecktarn, DPM, Digtial Destert, etc). And you can do it yourself a lot cheaper than you can have it done for you. I am not sure what color scheme I'll do on the 700 yet.

SemperFi said:
Looks like a nice rifle! I like jeweled bolts as well! How well does that duracote hold up? They do look nice painted... I would like to try it on a gun as well!
That sounds awesome! I will have to give this a try for sure. Are they any surfaces it WON'T stick too? I assuming it has to be sprayed on my composite type materials?

Discussion starter · #12 ·
I used a Pasche VL airbrush and a compressor. I do have a moisture trap in line but that's nothing more than four bucks for the trap, cutting the line in half and sticking the two pieces in each end of the moisture trap. I used about 25-30 LBS of pressure. The kit I got was the Flecktarn stencils and I used my own color mixes to form a pattern I liked better. I know this isn't the place for this pic. Just an example for Semper Fi.

SemperFi said:
Doug308, which kit did you get from LCW? Is that propellant can system OK for airbrushing? Can an airbrush be run on a normal compressor with adjustable air? I think it would need some kind on in line moisture filter though.

Discussion starter · #13 ·
I am prettty sure at this point that I am going to do something with the 700 that would be along the lines of multicam. They have a sort of multicam on the LCW site, but I may just do my own. There's doesn't look like the multicam I wear.

Discussion starter · #15 ·
Oddly enough the compressor is actually from Sears! I got it on sale. I had an old regulator to hold specific pressure, but those are pretty cheap too.

SemperFi said:
This really looks nice! I'm certainly going to try this. I have a 22 LR "upper" for my 1911, I always wanted that to be black so it could contrast my my SS frame. I think I will paint that first.

Do you have a regular "Sears" type compressor or did you buy one of those little ones specific for air brushes?

Discussion starter · #16 ·
By the way, LCW has great service and they can talk you through some stuff over the phone. I'd be glad to help out any way I can too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.