Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting started on customizing my new SPS Tac & am unsure on which parts to buy. This is my first bolt rifle, so please go easy on me with the terminology, as I do not know what most of it means.

I am looking at Harris Bi-Pods, debating between the 6-9" model or the 9-13" model. I know I want one with the legs notches, & do not think a swivel base would be necessary for me. Which model do you use & why?

Also I am looking at scope rings. I have bought a Larue Tactical 20 MOA mount, but am unsure which height of rings I will need. I do not have a scope yet, but plan on using one with a 50mm objective lens. I would like the rings to put the scope as low to the bore as possible, while still being able to use lens covers on the scope. Any suggestions or recommendations? I'm not really on any type of budget, so money does not matter too much, just don't want to be buying a name brand for the price if you know what I mean.

BTW, I bought a Bell & Carlson Light Tactical (model #2956), so I have the stock covered. Let me tell you, it was hard finding one of these in black with the gray spiderwebs that was in stock. I found a place called Red Hawk Rifles that had them in stock & it shipped the same day.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Hk, welcome. If your going to shoot from a bench or prone the 6-9 should do you just fine.

For rings I would go with mark4's. You should be able to get away with the medium. On my rig I went with the high (52mm objective) and I have plenty of space on the barrel.
With the mediums my bolt would come way to close to the scope.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts