Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I most likely be looking around here alot! I like to read up on everyones projects, and a little eye-candy is always good. Rifle specs, as followed.
Rem 700 SPS Varmint
Choat Ultimate Varminter stock
Burris XTR 312 with mil-dot reticle
Burris 2 piece dual dovetail bases
Burris signature rings
Tac-Ops bolt knob

·
Registered
190 Posts
Welcome,and that is a nice weapon.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Greetings from the 916 and welcome to the board! Nice rifle you have there. Did you finish the weapon yourself?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I did. I have heard a couple of guys who shoot at tournaments that their barrels tend to heat up in the hot sun, and they commented that one of them painted their rifle the light coyote tan, and his barrel stayed much cooler. I decided to use Krylon because I knew I would get some scratches, which I think looks kinda sexy. I did the "digi" cammo myself with the help of masking tape.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
backwoodzboy said:
Yes, I did. I have heard a couple of guys who shoot at tournaments that their barrels tend to heat up in the hot sun, and they commented that one of them painted their rifle the light coyote tan, and his barrel stayed much cooler. I decided to use Krylon because I knew I would get some scratches, which I think looks kinda sexy. I did the "digi" cammo myself with the help of masking tape.
i guess we can learn something new everyday :D
thats an interesting idea. have you noticed if it works as in the heat factor ?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi backwoodzboy,
Very interested in your Burris. Is that the one with the Posi-Lock feature? Have been curious about this brand as they are the only scopes I know of with this idea. Interested in your experience = too cheap to buy one myself and find out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
How's that Choate stock feel? I've heard it's heavy. I was just wondering because I'm interested in buying one for my .30-06, and it looks really nice!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The lighter color and the heat, I think there is something to it. I have been able to get more rounds off it seems like anyway, I still practice keeping it covered until I am ready to fire a few off.
I am not sure about the posi-lock feature, what is it supposed to do?
The Choat is a bit on the heavy side, but it feels good, and since I am not lugging it around a whole lot, it is nice for the reduction of recoil.

·
Registered
98 Posts
As far as I know, posi-lock, prevents "reticle float", by holding the reticle in place. It is not on all models. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmmm, not sure I would want that on a tactical scope, I sometimes am readjusting my zero for wind and temperature, especially when my brother is shooting my rifle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts