Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, I am new. I have a 710 that I have had for quite a few years and it has always shot great, untill a few weeks ago that is. At the range I was shooting 100 yards and had my first 3 shot group with one hole touching the other, then it just would not fire the other rounds, the shells had a little dimple in the cap but not enough to ignight. ammo was new remington 30-06 165 gr psp. Now I know how most feel about the 710, and up until that day I would have disagreed but not now. So I went on a search for a new rifle, I knew it would be a 700 series, no more junk! I was looking at a new sps for $640. really gave that some thought. then at a local gun store I found a used bdl 30-06 with a nikon scope for $438. So I bought it, so now I have my 700, might not be new, but I think I got a great deal. the rifling is sharp and the gun is clean except fo a verry minor scratch on the stock. Going out to shoot it this Sunday. thanks

·
Registered
526 Posts
Welcome to the group. In my life I've had probably 50 700 remingtons and only one of those was new. I've had a few rebarreled or otherwise worked over, but only one new rifle. It don't shoot any better than any of the used ones I've owned.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts