Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I look forward to reading all the posts and hopefully learning a lot. I just bought my first Rem. 700 in 7mm mag. and was hoping someone could help me figure out which model I have. It has a black synthetic stock and stainless barrel, it closely ressembles a SPS, but the pictures I have found of the SPS the stock has what looks to be grips or something at the butt and fore positions, mine is smooth stock. Could it be an older model SPS? None of the models on Remington's web site looks like the rifle I have. Thanks in advance, I will try to post a picture soon to help.

·
Registered
526 Posts
fireman5606 said:
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I look forward to reading all the posts and hopefully learning a lot. I just bought my first Rem. 700 in 7mm mag. and was hoping someone could help me figure out which model I have. It has a black synthetic stock and stainless barrel, it closely ressembles a SPS, but the pictures I have found of the SPS the stock has what looks to be grips or something at the butt and fore positions, mine is smooth stock. Could it be an older model SPS? None of the models on Remington's web site looks like the rifle I have. Thanks in advance, I will try to post a picture soon to help.
Welcome! Lately, Remington seem to change models more than I change my socks. It's pretty hard to tell which model you have without photos.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
If it has a sporter barrel and has Remington 700 on the action with a normal synthetic stock you have a sps.

·
Registered
403 Posts
tracyk859 said:
Hi, I am Tracy . I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

Why certainly Tracy! Welcome to the forum and if you dont mind fill us in a little about yourself and what your shooting. This is probably my favorite forum to hang around because there are alot of friendly, knowledgable member here and i'm sure you will be warmly welcomed! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts