Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! My name is Brian Everitt and i came upon this site and love it! I am an Air Force Security Forces (Military Police) and on the SWAT team and also a sniper shooting the M24. I have been in the military for almost 6 years and have learned a lot, and seen a lot! I love shooting and hunting is my passion. Some of you guys have amazing looking and shooting rifles that i am jealous lol. But i thought i would post my Rem 700 that i am currently transforming so i will have more pics to follow. My wife and I are expecting triplets this coming November so i am on a strict budget for this build but it will be nice and already shoots good and i haven’t even put a new stock on it yet or started reloading...but here it is. I picked up a Rem 700 ADL SPS varmint in 308 that came with a pos scope that i took off and put a Bushnell 3200 tactical 10x40. I also put a Timney trigger set down to 1.5lb trigger pull and it is sooooooo sweet, and a little lighter than my issued M24. Yesterday i ordered a Choate Ultimate Sniper Stock that i haven’t heard one bad review for the money and still get good results at the range too! I’m excited about getting it on and bringing my 700 that shoots already at 1moa or less to a .5 or less moa tack driver or in this forum a dime driver! So here are a few pics that i have...this is right out of the box without my new scope on it but new picks will come in a few days when i get my new stock on it!

and This is a pic from my friend but it is the same stock that i am putting on my 700...

I hope i can learn more stuff from yall and i will give my .2 cents too. Also i am a licensed FFL holder and can get anyone on this site discounted stuff....if you can find it i can order it!

www.4EverFirearms.com Hope i can help!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I have been also doing some research about Bedding a rifel? If anyone has done it and noticed a diffrence that would be great to share!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Welcome, I was a USAF LE way back when SP and LE's were diff jobs. LE's had it better we didnt hump a line out on the ramps, but were in cars patroling or in a gate house.

Nice looking rifle there.

BTW, Im looking for a price on a tan Blackhawk drag bag I found one for 159.00 shipped so far. Also do you do reloading stuff too?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill get you a price on the drag bag. What model are you looking at? also i can get all your reloading needs too! Anything for shooting sports i can get! Tell me where you can find the one for 159 bc my price from blackhawk for a dragbag is 170!!! But ill definatly look up what you need! Nice to meet yall

·
Registered
477 Posts
welcome, nice rifle

i had the same stock on a remington 700 ADL build i did a few years back. it's a great stock for what it costs. it had noticeably less recoil than the HS precision stock on my 700P. even at 100 yards i'd have enough time to open my eye after recoil and see the bullet splash. wish i still had it, but i needed the money at the time. been thinking about getting another one.

·
Registered
477 Posts
adm09_003 said:
Thank you! I have been also doing some research about Bedding a rifel? If anyone has done it and noticed a diffrence that would be great to share!
didnt see this post. i bedded my HS precision stock a few years ago, i think the groups got a little tighter. not a huge difference, but why not do everything you can. i also free floated the barrel forward of the recoil lug with my dremel. here's what i used.....think it was $25 and took maybe 2 hours to do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts