Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Names Dave. From Utah. Just bought my first "long range" rifle. Picked up a new Remington 700 SPS Tactical in .308. Seems like there is a lot of good info on this site so I will try to search around before I start asking a million questions. I got it to mostly mess around with. I would like to get an Elk with it one day but working up to long distance is my first priority. Not sure if the Tactical is the best for trying to hit 1000yds but I like the heavy, shorter barrel. And i'm sure I wont be shooting at any Elk 1K yds away anyway. Id post pics but it looks like every other 700 out there.
I need a scope asap, thats kinda how I ran across this site. I didnt want to buy a cheapy scope. But I also cant afford an expensive one. I'll do some research before I ask which one to get ;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sackett said:
Hey guys. Names Dave. From Utah.
Hi Dave, I'm Robo. From NC, Stationed in AK.

Sackett said:
Just bought my first "long range" rifle. Picked up a new Remington 700 SPS Tactical in .308. Seems like there is a lot of good info on this site so I will try to search around before I start asking a million questions. I got it to mostly mess around with. I would like to get an Elk with it one day but working up to long distance is my first priority. Not sure if the Tactical is the best for trying to hit 1000yds but I like the heavy, shorter barrel. And i'm sure I wont be shooting at any Elk 1K yds away anyway.
They'll shoot accurately out to 1000 yards if you as the shooter do your part. The .308 will bring down any game in North America, it just depends on bullet placement.

Sackett said:
I need a scope asap, thats kinda how I ran across this site. I didnt want to buy a cheapy scope. But I also cant afford an expensive one. I'll do some research before I ask which one to get ;)
I have a Falcon Menace 4-14x44. I like it, it's a first focal plane (the reticle gets larger and smaller depending on which power you dial up), mil line reticle (allows ranging), .10 (.36" at 100 yards) mil click adjustments (it is NOT metric, as some people state, the ranging and clicks work for yards AND meters). They've had some detractors, and some who've liked them, I'm one of the latter. They're very affordable, hope that helps! Welcome to the forum, do some searching and you'll find most of what you need.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts