Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just tested my homemade rootbeer and all i can say is wow. nothing like making something yourself from scratch and it turning out perfectly.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I guess there is a first for reading to. :D this is the first I ever read about HM rootbeer. I guess who gives a crap it's what tastes good nice :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i brewed together sassafras root, birch bark, wild cherry bark, anise, lemon zest, and wintergreen. then strain the solids from the liquid and let it cool. take a 2 liter bottle and add a cup of sugar, 3/8 teaspoon of yeast and the "brew". put the cap on and wait for the bottle to get hard, release the pressure a few times and then refrigerate it to deactivate the yeast. it will be carbonated and have a slight alcohol content lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got a new batch im working on, i tripled the sugar content, doubled the yeast, and added in a couple cinnamon sticks while brewing for a little kick. this one according to my math should yield roughly 11-12% alcohol per volume. should be very interesting to try when it gets done. may have a new drink for those cold nasty winter days, but its gonna be hard to beat my sassafras tea lol. nothing like saying screw the big companies and making something yourself for cheaper that tastes better than theirs lol

·
Registered
496 Posts
if the alcohol reaches the 12-14% level like you hope then after a 6pk you wont give a damn what the weather is outside unless you pass out in the snow so -drink responsibly ha ha !!

·
Registered
409 Posts
This actually sounds pretty cool. Root beer? Zero caffine but with a 12-14% alcohol kick? Nice. Very nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts