Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody shot this ammo and is it comparable to federal 175 match? The price was $28 compared to federal $42 at my local gunshop tonight. I bought a box to try em out. I plan on reloading and I'm looking for a good bullet. If nobody has used them then I will have a range report tomorrow for them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
That's a damn good price for that ammo. It should shoot really well. Keep in mind that 175gn projectile is designed for long range... Your short range groups will suffer some unless your barrel is faster than 1/12" twist. I think overall you will be much happier with the results of 168gn of the same ammo.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Under 300 yds 168SMK's are more then sufficient.....Midway has FGGM 168SMK for a pinch less then $22.00 in their monthly mailer. It will be on their website as a monthly deal as well.....Jump on it while the gettins good!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cobretr said:
That's a damn good price for that ammo. It should shoot really well. Keep in mind that 175gn projectile is designed for long range... Your short range groups will suffer some unless your barrel is faster than 1/12" twist. I think overall you will be much happier with the results of 168gn of the same ammo.
I am shooting a 1/10" barrel. I plan on shooting a 600 yard match next month so I'm trying out the heavier bullets. Look at my post in general discussion titled "accuracy" and you will see my range report from today. I am not happy at all with the Hornadys. A guy at the range gave me four rounds of Militay match M852's that blew the hornady match away. Now keep in mind it could just be my gun doesnt like em too.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I think you will be better off with 175 SMK's than most bullets out there. Also try the 175 Berger bullets they are also super well made rounds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts