Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had the money would you buy a Hornady Prepcenter? And I mean you had nothing to buy because your squared away with everything else that you need.

Quality vs Time?

thanks for input.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the RCBS Case Prep Center and I have no issues with it for now. If this was available before I got the RCBS then I would have purchased it, it seems to be more efficient, but what I have now works well for me... Buy it! Heck, buy two and send me one!

·
Registered
526 Posts
The winters here in Northern Wisconsin are long and cold. I could better spend that $300 on bullets or primers or something. I have a lot of time over the winter to get all my cases preped the old fashon way. It does look like a cool tool though.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Too much money! Get a Forster case trimmer with the 3 in 1 cutting tool. This will only set you back $100 and then you can deburr the flash holes and clean primer pockets by hand. I think that much money can be more wisely spent on other needed stuff.

·
Registered
600 Posts
The Hornady one is $300?! Freak that, I would rather get a Charge Master. I've used the RCBS one and if you shoot as much as I do I recommend it. If you can swing it I would get a Girard case trimmer... so, so nice but so, so expensive.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I finally used my Neck sizer die and worked like a charm. I then finally installed my three way cutter by RCBS and started rolling out cases. NVMD the prep center for precision reloading.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts