Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would love to see a catagory started for the 870 shotgun or just shotguns would be fine...I know were mostly about the 700's, but lets start up a scatter gun section. :D

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jerrschmitt said:
Winxp_Man said:
I say that 870 should go good with this forum because its a remmy :)
And everybody that has a 700 must have an 870. I've got a very special one I made for Turkey hunting.
Thanks fellas for your interest as well. I really like my 870 and it has served me well in the short time I have owned it. I have a 870 express combo which has both rifled 20" slug and 26" VR barrel. I have taken it Boar and Pheasant hunting with good success. Looking to hunt Turkey as well too! Today I recieved an 18.5" cylinder bore police barrel so I have a close quarter weapon to use if needed. I also added a Scattergun Technologies 2 round mag tube extension which is a great addition and adds to its firepower capacity. I hope we can get this going so we have some scatter gun eye candy to look at from the membership!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I sold my last one but i plan on building one for close range night time predator hunting :D I will go all Tacticool on it hahahahahaha :lol:

·
Registered
526 Posts
OK here's mine. I started with a plane used 870 that I picked up in a trade at a gunshow. It had a 30 inch full choke and I chopped it off to 18 inches for a house gun. Later on I found a Remington factory folding stock and mag extention. Then about 1990 or so, I got interested in Turkey hunting. There wasn't much in the was of Turkey guns back then so I made my own. I found a 20 inch smooth bore slug barrel with rifle sights. I had my local smith thread it for choke tubes and stuck a extra extra full turkey choke on it. Then I sprayed it with automitve ruberized undercoating and then some flat camo paint. Later on I changed the sights to Williams Fire Sights. They're fiber optic red front and green rear.

It needs to be repainted again because it's spent a lot of time in the back of the truck, dragged through the bush and just plain neglected.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
^^^^ nice :D one main reason I like the 870 is because you can beat the SH!T out of it and still have a working shotgun :D

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I figured I would add a couple of pics of the 870 I have. I recently added an 18.5" police barrel to the collection so I have another home defense weapon. The extended mag tube is a Scattergun Technologies product and is well made for the investment. The other barrels include a 26" VR barrel with a modified choke and a 20" rifled slug barrel with open sights. These two barrels came with the 870 Express as a combo option. I am super happy with this shotgun and to date has served me well.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SemperFi said:
I will add this under the "other rifles" section (which will have to be changed to "other rifles and shotguns")...:D
SWEET!........Thank you! :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
SemperFi said:
I will add this under the "other rifles" section (which will have to be changed to "other rifles and shotguns")...:D

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Banshee said:
SemperFi said:

Ha Ha Ha.....good animation! Kinda what came to mind....Sh** or get off the pot! Good stuff! :lol:

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
hahahahahahahahahaha I looked at that earlier and couldnt make out what it is hehe nice !

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SemperFi said:
It's been added... finally. I like that animation as well!
Thanks buddy!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just refinished the stock on my 870 and it turned out pretty good. Lets just say its a damn site better then Remington did from the factory! I like the look of a good laminated stock!......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts