Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new in box remington sps tactical aac-sd and it has the newest x mark pro trigger and contrary to literature it only adjust down to 4 lbs consistently. I have been making tiny 1/4 to 1/8 turn increments and it fluctuates from 4.5 lbs to 3.5 lbs. If i get it around 3.5 lbs it only last a couple pulls then goes up to 4 again. My local gunsmith does not want to work on it because he is not used to this trigger. I can buy a spring kit from earnie the gunsmith for around 7 dollars. Can I just adjust out the front screw a turn and get it into adjustment. Not looking for bench rest trigger but a 3 lb trigger to match my other guns would be nice. I have owned remington 700s for 15 years now and work and customize them myself usually trigger included. I have not worked on this trigger either. Does it adjust the same way? Surely I can get a little more adjustment out of it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I would not go through the trouble, you can get a timney or another AM trigger and you will be much happier for the life of the rifle

·
Registered
14 Posts
I never expected mine to adjust as nicely as it did maybe, I just got lucky and got one of the good built/refined smooth triggers out of the parts bin. I was going to put a Timney in it when I first got it but, it adjusted so nice and crisp I was shocked so I put a Bell & Carlson A2 model stock on it first instead. I think after owning several Timney triggers if I do upgrade, I'll have to get a Jewel to see a worthwhile improvement. Not saying the Timneys are bad triggers by no means, as they are very good.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I never expected mine to adjust as nicely as it did maybe, I just got lucky and got one of the good built/refined smooth triggers out of the parts bin. I was going to put a Timney in it when I first got it but, it adjusted so nice and crisp I was shocked so I put a Bell & Carlson A2 model stock on it first instead. I think after owning several Timney triggers if I do upgrade, I'll have to get a Jewel to see a worthwhile improvement. Not saying the Timneys are bad triggers by no means, as they are very good.
Stick with the Timney if you want a trigger assy that is "Field Proof". If you want light trigger pulls like the Jewell's are capable of, then get a Timney "CE" (Calvin Elite). Can be adjusted down to 8 oz. Definitely an "improved" Timney Trigger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts