Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a R700 SPS Tactical .223 w/ 20" barrel. Right now it is all stock. I found a good deal on a new HS Precision stock model #PST012. The description on the HS Precision website wasn't real clear on whether it would work for my rifle. But I did find several examples of it being used on the .308 version of my rifle. So I went ahead and committed to buying it.

Now, after doing some more reading this morning I find that the model PST086 might be the prefered stock for my rifle. Am I going to have any problems with the PST012?

I'm new to bolt action rifles and especially modifying them. Sorry if this is a stupid question! All input will be appreciated

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Installing wise you are good to go if you got a short action BDL stock. Now comfort it's all personall preference. I got a 86 and would rather have a 12.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Winxp_Man said:
I got a 86 and would rather have a 12.
Why?

BTW, thanks for the reply!!
Mark

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
The 12 has a palm swell. Where as the 86 I dont think it has a palm swell if I'm remembering right.

And sorry when I searched the model numbers I accidently put in the PSV thats why I thought it was mine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Winxp_Man said:
And sorry when I searched the model numbers I accidently put in the PSV thats why I thought it was mine.
Forgive me, but I am a little confused by what you meant with this statement.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
When I looked up your models you posted I accidently put in PSV069 instead of PST0.... The PSV is the Varmint series of the HS stocks. Sorry about the confusion.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Winxp_Man said:
Sorry about the confusion.
No problem. I really appreciate your input!

But just to be clear...you don't see me having any problems installing the PST012 stock on my SPS Tactical .223, right?

Thanks again for "hanging in there" with me!!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Nope not at all. Unless they accidentally send you a Long Action stock.... (which I doubt will happen)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Winxp_Man said:
Nope not at all. Unless they accidentally send you a Long Action stock.... (which I doubt will happen)
THANK YOU VERY MUCH for all your help! I'll post up some pics after I get it all together.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I would think its more preference then anything else. The only reason I would go with the HS here is because I'm not a fan of the stock having a pistol grip style stock. But that's just me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Winxp_Man said:
I would think its more preference then anything else. The only reason I would go with the HS here is because I'm not a fan of the stock having a pistol grip style stock. But that's just me.
Thanks......I guess i need to find a dealer that has both and shoulder them....I'm so used to my AR's now...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Picking the stock up this evening! Can't wait to get it installed!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
FINALLY! Took the time this evening to install the HS Precision stock on my R700 SPS Tactical .223. Here are some pics.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts