Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow I am going to pick up my first Remington Model 700 SPS Tactical in .223 Remington. I have wanted one of these for a long time and finally did the deed. I am going to be replacing the Hogue Rubber Overmolded Stock with a new take off Synthetic Stock from a Remington Model 700 SPS Varmint.

I have also ordered a Weaver V-16 4x16x42mm AO Rifle Scope with Duplex Reticle, Leupold Steel Weaver Style Scope Bases and Warne 1" Permanent Attach Medium Scope Rings.

As stated I am hopefully picking up the Rifle on Saturday, but then have to be patient in waiting for the Scope and Mounts to arrive.

This will be my second Remington Model 700 SPS. The first is a standard Remington Model 700 SPS in .308 Winchester that I had the 24" Sporter Weight Barrel shortened to 20". After going through a lot to get this barrel to not copper foul so bad I truely love this .308. I also happen to like the Remington SPS Synthetic Stock hence the reason I am putting a Remington SPS Varmint Synthetic Stock on this new SPS Tactical.

Larry

·
Registered
277 Posts
Pics Larry, Pics! Did you get it all setup yet?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I picked up the SPS Tactical. No I do not have it all set up as yet. Probably won't be till next week when the scope and mounts arrive.

I did remove the Hogue Overmolded Stock and set the SPS Tactical Barreled Action in a Remington Model 700 SPS Varmint Synthetic Stock though. I have Free Floated the Barrel Channel on that stock, and totally cleaned the bore so it is slmost ready to shoot.

I'll get some pics up when I get the scope and mounts all set up.

For the record the scope I have coming is a Weaver V-16 4x16x42mm AO, along with Leupold Steel Weaver Style Bases and Warne Scope Rings.

Larry

·
Registered
639 Posts
Mate, Id switch back to the Hogue stock, the SPS Varmint stock is a POS to put it politly. Spend your hard earned on a take off 700P stock or a B&C Light Tactical. Can get them for around $200 - $300 USD and will make it one nice rifle. I have a HS Police stock on my SPS Tactical and its awesome!!!! Shoots in the 0.5MOA when I do my part.

·
Registered
277 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ yep, love for the B&C - no doubt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts