700Rifle.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to say hello to everyone and also say this is a great site and only going to get better. Anyway I would like share not just my 700 but our 700's. I know that they are not the nicest rifles on here but they get used hard hunting.

This is my 700 VTR in 223, Leupold base and rings, Nikon 3-9x40.

This is for the VTR haters, 3 shots @100 yds, Hornady brass, CCI BR primers,21 gr IMR4198, 50 gr Nos Bt. I don't think accuracy is all that bad.

And this my wifes 700 SPS 243 youth, Leupold bases and rings, Tasco 3-9x40(she tends to fall sometimes in the woods).
It's a shooter also but no pics.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Nice shooting and rifle mate. Good to see your wife involved too. Make it a Family Affair!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ky Fur Buster said:
I would like to say hello to everyone and also say this is a great site and only going to get better. Anyway I would like share not just my 700 but our 700's. I know that they are not the nicest rifles on here but they get used hard hunting.

This is my 700 VTR in 223, Leupold base and rings, Nikon 3-9x40.

This is for the VTR haters, 3 shots @100 yds, Hornady brass, CCI BR primers,21 gr IMR4198, 50 gr Nos Bt. I don't think accuracy is all that bad.

And this my wifes 700 SPS 243 youth, Leupold bases and rings, Tasco 3-9x40(she tends to fall sometimes in the woods).
It's a shooter also but no pics.
Welcome, nice group I had a vtr in 308 that shot 1/2 to 5/8 groups ,I am just across the ohio
river about 50 miles.. GOOD HUNTING AND WELCOME AGAIN.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice rifles!! I think this is the first rifle where I have seen the barrel in a triagle shape. Is it for strength?

I use the 700 SPS youth also but mine is the buckmasters edition, the shorter rifle length fits perfect for my size. Oh and its also in a .243.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Welcome to the forum and nice shooting!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Good shootin'. Welcome to the community!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcomes everyone. I'm thinking on some mods for mine. I have already adjusted the trigger, but I'm thinking about a good stock and a 20 moa base with burris ex tac rings and some good glass. I just don't want to drop a boat load of cash because both rifles ride in the rhino very often on coyote and deer hunting trips( I don't shoot deer w/223 when she is with me, I just let her do the shooting). Don't think a 20 moa base and stuff like that will benefit me much cause I don't shoot over 300 to 350 yds on a regular basis, but on occasion I do ring some steel at 5 to 600 yds.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome. Nice looking rifles. The VTR looks like it groups well. I would not care what anyone thought of the triangular barrel. The groups speak for itself.
You are a blessed man to have your wife share your interest in shooting and hunting. My wife and I enjoy deer hunting together and she loves to shoot my AR. I am looking forward to my boys getting a little older so we can spend quality time at the range and in the woods.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well all this started when I got a Ruger 77vt in 223 and let her shoot it. Started her out at 50yds, first time behind a centerfire and a scope she always shot a 22 w/ iron sights, first group 3 shots 1/2 inch :D. She wanted to shoot farther, so I said ok honey. I found a 260 Rem case laying on the ground and put it on the target stand at 100 yds and said if you can hit it you can have my rifle. Now this is only the fourth shot with a centerfire and scope :/. Needless to say I lost my rifle on that fourth shot. When ever someone starts talking about shooting she has to show them the case and brag, which I guess I'm bragging also. So to quit giving my rifles away I just bought her one and traded the Ruger (she said she wanted to hunt deer and 223 don't cut it for me on deer).

stex shooter said:
My wife and I enjoy deer hunting together and she loves to shoot my AR.
I also lost my Bushmaster to her.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Before you spend a truckload of money, Ky Fur Buster, you might want to think about the bullet weight in your 223. Six hundred yards sounds like a stretch for 50 gn., pills. My non-Remington 223 uses 80 gn Sierras and has a 1 in 7 twist. Not sure but if 600 is your limit, then you might not need the tapered scope base. Just something to think about especially if you want to shoot competitively.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts