Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first of all i wanted to say hi to everyone, im new to this forum and this is my first post. (even though ive been a lurker for a while)
reading some threads here is what ultimately made me choose the remington 700sps tac as my first ever firearm!
I was just wandering whether its normal that when i load the rounds in the magazine and then push the bolt forward nothing happens, meaning that the round stays in the magazine.
it doesnt happen too often but its starting to annoy me.
when that happens i push the round backwards and downwards and it works then.
should i be more careful in loading the rounds in the magazine making sure theyre as far back as possible or is there a problem with the magazine?
thanks in advance.
I'll post a pic of my rig in the picture thread but it wont be half as cool as some of yours are, mostly because of limited budget and legality issues with modifications here anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Welcome to the group.

I think the problem your having is because your not fully cycling the bolt back so the face of the bolt can't latch onto the brass and push it forward.

Try cycling a few rounds and pay attention to how far back your pulling the bolt. If

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
^^^ I'm thinking the same thing what jason said. It happened to me a few times when I did faster shooting.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nope, sometimes the round just doesnt come up regardless of how far back i move the bolt first, only thing that works then is to push the rounds downward into the magazine and try again.

·
Registered
403 Posts
sounds like the follower is hanging up somewhere in the mag well. Check the mag well for obstructions the follower could hang up on and also check the follower and spring and make sure they are not bent or out of wack. There has been a couple members having the same issues your having......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts