Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my ior valdada scope in and wanted to take some pics for you guys and give tyou guys some info as there isnt much on the net about these scopes.

take into account my custom g&a precision rifle will not be done for a few more weeks so everything i am going of off is based on the scope being unmounted .

first impression was (oh my god this thing is a tank) this scope is the largest heaviest scope i have ever seen. it is all steel no plastic anywhere and i think if i was to whack someone with it im sure it would slpit their dang head open.

the windage and elevation knobs are very large and well marked and are stiff but easy to turn and are very easy to read, the elevation knob is in 1/4 moa and gives you 25moa per revelution. the windage is also in 1/4moa and will give you 15moa per rev and is maked 1-7 moa each way you turn either right or left. both nobs are resetable to zero once sighted in.

the reticle is a improved mildot reticle called a mp8 dot that i believe ior valdada created and it has been much copied. the reticle is marked with mil lines with the small lines being .5 and the large lines being 1.
the reticle is illuminated with 7 settings for brightness that is adjusted via a small finger turn knob over the eye peice just behind the magnification adjustment wich is clearly marked facing the shooter and is stiff to turn but very smooth. it is marked at 6,10,12,16,20,24 the 12 has a cirtcle around it to indicate what power you will use the reticle for when jusding distances and holdover as this is not a first focal plain scope, however since the turrets are in moa at 21x i believe the reticle will read 1 mos per line to corolate with the knobs for moa.

clearity:

here is where my review kinda stinks becuase its very hard to judge the clearity of the optics just by holding the scoope in my hands and looking out the windo? i will say the so far it is def on par with my nikon monarch 5-20x44 with both of them set to 20 power, however i suspecst that once this scope is mounted to my rifle and outside it will be much better in clearity and brightness than the monarch know doubt. the glass from this optic comes from schott germany the same manufacturer that supplys glass for zeiss and schmidt and bender so im sure the clearity and optics will be second to none once its mounted and outside at the range.

so far i am very happy with this scope and im sure it will continus to impress me once i actually get to use it. i paid 1,700.00 for it shipped and from what others with them have told me is that it will rival the scmidt and bender scopes along with us optics and there is a definate advantage in quality and optics over the nightforce and leupold mark 4s. one review said that while looking throught the scopes you cand ef tell the advantage to be had with the german glass over the japanese glass of the nightforce and leupolds.

i hope this helps anyone out looking into one of these scope and if there is any questions please feel free,, i will update this thread once i get it mounted to my gap rifle and get some testing done with it.

heres some pics, as you can see it is much larger than my nikon monarch (wow)

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Nice let us know how you like the operation of it when you get to shoot with it ...............................

1 - 2 of 2 Posts