Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are some pics from the ITRC in Gillette Wyoming, my little brother and I have competed the last two years. It is a blast, met some really great shooters and had a blast. The pics are from the helicopter shoot, they had two rock river arms ar-15's the winning team of the event got to keep the rifles. Pretty badass just getting the oportunity to shoot from a helicopter!!!

The ITRC consists of two man teams consisting of a longrange precision shooter and a carbine shooter. Both members carry a side arm and engage pistol targets. They have two days that you get to your stage and it is set up kind of like a golf course, you hike with your gear to the various shooting positions and once you get to the designated area you locate and range your unknown distance targets and engage pistol targets firts (white targets) Then engage carbine targets (red targets) then engage the precision rifle targets. The pistol targets are from 0 - 50 yards. Carbine targets from 0 - 500 yards, and precision rifle targets are from 0-1000 yards. The third day of the course of fire, the precision guy puts his rifle away and you go through a gulley course, engaging targets and you hasily make your way through the course of fire, the carbine guy engages with his rifle and the precision guy engages with his pistol. Once the gully is clear you make your way to some elevated platforms and the carbine guy engages the same bank of targets from 4 different elevated platforms with partially obscured targets...very challenging and very cool (that was my little brother's gig...I was very jealous not to get to shoot that stage, it looked like a blast) The carbine guy then racks his rifle and you make your way to a shoot house where you clear rooms/buses and various metal targets through windows in the house. It costs $600.00 for a two man team, so $300/ea. I would have paid that much, if not more just for the helicopter shoot! It is a blast! JFComfort and Vegas are planning on joining us this year....looking forward to it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts