Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got to looking at my new factory barrel i got from my buddy and i noticed it was longer than mine. my new one is 22" and the one on my gun is 20". looked it up and i have a youth barrel on a full length stock. could be a good reason why mine was a lil louder than my buddies with the same ammo. but anyways, i found a gunsmith to shorten my new barrel down to 18 inches. im gonna try and make this gun a little more compact for hunting. im not sure if i want to go with the choate ultimate sniper stock now but i need the extra weight to calm the gun down for follow up shots, what would you suggest. oh and i also purchased another gun to play with, its a sks with a dragonov synthetic stock, i know its not a remmy but my uncle needed the cash and it was only $100 bucks

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
sks's are great to play with! IMO the best way to tame recoil is a muzzle break, if for what ever reason you cant then yes add weight lol.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i might see about filling a factory stock for more weight, i had a over under remmy a few years back that i bought used off of one of my grandpas friends. he had drilled out the stock underneath the but pad in a few spots and added 5 pounds of lead, thats right i said 5 pounds. the thing shot like a dream with hardly any recoil. it was heavy to carry but when shouldered it balanced better than any other ive ever shot. i wound up selling it back to him last year for what i paid for it, he missed it too much lol. and yes, the sks is a blast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts