Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got my Kestrel 4000 NV and gotta say I love what I got and how much I paid............... :D

At my door for 234 cant beat it. Now have to go out again and USE IT :D

I will post pics when I get a chance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Winxp_Man said:
Well got my Kestrel 4000 NV and gotta say I love what I got and how much I paid............... :D

At my door for 234 cant beat it. Now have to go out again and USE IT :D

I will post pics when I get a chance.
A good buy it seems , i got one 5months ago and am very impressed . it is sooo accurate at measuring wind speed its phenominal . i had to set the altitude at a known height ( robinswood hill 651 feet to summit) - just near my home - lol not high but a referance ! not sure tho if you have to set humidity and barometric pressure the same way ?? theres alot to it and when i got it i got abit lost in the instrucions ! it was on offer for £125 so was a good deal from york guns in ENG . if you get chance let me know how u get on with it chap ... cheers .

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The baro and altitude is kind of hand in hand for what I can tell. I set my altitude like you did and the baro is automatically calculated. I have tested the unit at 550 and on a 3" circle I was about 1" high and 2 1/2 to the right. So from what I can tell it works really well. I will test is out this summer a more and try running rounds out to 1000 and plus.

·
Registered
131 Posts
How sturdy is it? I've only seen pictures and it doesn't look $200+ sturdy but pictures are often deceiving.
Is it sturdy enough that it can be kept in a data book cover or does it need it's own case?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I can answer that one.

I've used mine for a few years and I'm not easy on any of my equipment.

Oh Yeah, and I only bought it because it is the actual one we use professionally.

·
Registered
131 Posts
B0BK4T said:
I can answer that one.

I've used mine for a few years and I'm not easy on any of my equipment.

Oh Yeah, and I only bought it because it is the actual one we use professionally.
Thanks B0BK4T. Looks like I'll be adding that to the "gotta have it" list! :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
hahaha. Right On.

This is definately one piece of equipment you can rely on.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup what BOBK4T said :D Thanks for the input Bob :) I haven't really been here in a for a little time.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Has anyone picked up the Kestrel 4500 w/ Horus ATrag built in yet? I was reading 3 pages of complaints over at Snipers Hide about the software and the bluetooth not working. I down loaded the software this morning and have been playing with it and it seems pretty good. I don't have a wind meter (yet) and $600.00 for something that isn't functioning (per the Hide) is not the way I want to go. If anyone is interested you can download the software at the bottom of this page --> http://www.kestrelmeters.com/products/kestrel-4500-horus-atrag-ballistics-1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts