Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anybody knows anything about konus new 5-30x56 line.
From the reading i've done on them, they're a lower end entry level scope.I would compare to the low end Vortex, like the crossfire. That said it really comes down to how it performs for you. My $1000 Vortex scopes, when I compared them to a friends NF NX8 did what i needed euqlly as well. Its like damn fokelore almost, The die hards never stop talking about the glass. Well in my opinion after shooting with my Vortex Viper, and then getting behind a $2500-3000 big name the damn glass should be so darn perfect that my Vortex should be like looking out a mud covered window. and its not. I have tried stuff all up and down the spectrum and the on only two occastions, the expenise scope was just a fraction clearer at full magnification over the cheaper scope.

My opinion is that if I can easily make thousand yard shots, with a $1000 scope, what am i going to gain with a $3000 scope. I say nothing, especially on a clear day. maybe in bad weather the higher end unit will bring more light in, or be slighly clearer but i'm still doubtful.

The Konus has models upwards of $800, so i'm confident they perform well. and really any optic $400 and up is usully decent. When you get down in the $30-60 range and mount that walmart special, that where you can get a good taste of crappy. Bushnell is one company that alwasy facinated me with their bizarre marketing. They actually have scope upwards of $2000, but how would you know when they fixate on their junk line??

I'd say go for it, and let us know how it performs. i'm gonna get its decent and you'll be happy with it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From the reading i've done on them, they're a lower end entry level scope.I would compare to the low end Vortex, like the crossfire. That said it really comes down to how it performs for you. My $1000 Vortex scopes, when I compared them to a friends NF NX8 did what i needed euqlly as well. Its like damn fokelore almost, The die hards never stop talking about the glass. Well in my opinion after shooting with my Vortex Viper, and then getting behind a $2500-3000 big name the damn glass should be so darn perfect that my Vortex should be like looking out a mud covered window. and its not. I have tried stuff all up and down the spectrum and the on only two occastions, the expenise scope was just a fraction clearer at full magnification over the cheaper scope.

My opinion is that if I can easily make thousand yard shots, with a $1000 scope, what am i going to gain with a $3000 scope. I say nothing, especially on a clear day. maybe in bad weather the higher end unit will bring more light in, or be slighly clearer but i'm still doubtful.

The Konus has models upwards of $800, so i'm confident they perform well. and really any optic $400 and up is usully decent. When you get down in the $30-60 range and mount that walmart special, that where you can get a good taste of crappy. Bushnell is one company that alwasy facinated me with their bizarre marketing. They actually have scope upwards of $2000, but how would you know when they fixate on their junk line??

I'd say go for it, and let us know how it performs. i'm gonna get its decent and you'll be happy with it.
I didn't like mid range vortex Scopes at all like older strike eagle and venom. Simply hated the turret

1 - 3 of 3 Posts