Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like, dislike...anyone experience any issues installing on 700P? Looks like a sweet deal and I don't have to send anything off to have a bolt-knob installed.

As seen here:

http://www.kineticresearchgroup.com/products/boltlift.php

The Bolt Lift for the Remington® 700™ is a unique new product designed to enhance the shooting experience. Adding an enlarged bolt knob to a rifle is a popular upgrade that gives a better grip when operating the bolt under any conditions. Previously, if you wanted improved ergonomics and a faster follow-up shot, you would have to buy a knob and send your bolt off to a gunsmith who would cut and thread your bolt handle and install your new knob. Now, you can add a durable enhanced knob by yourself, and you don’t have to permanently modify your rifle.

btw - I am not affiliated in any way, just came across it today.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
They are not a bad upgrade for people that don't want to do the gunsmith way or do it yourself install of a badger ordinance.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I have one mounted on my 700. It's cheap, easy 2 minute install (that includes reading the instructions), the shipping was super fast, and the product is made with quality and functionality in mind.

It even ships in a tin for safe transport to your door.

I say yay. I did not want to cut my bolt handle so this was perfect for me.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.
Not having the proper tools I'm thinking that for $28 it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just ordered KRG bolt lift on Sunday and it arrived today, Tuesday.
I couldn't be happier. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a nice bolt lift.
1. It arrived super fast. (I do live in the same state as the manufacturer)
2. Well packaged and a cool little tin that it comes in.
3. Took all of 30 seconds to put on. I used the small o-rings not the epoxy.
4. The contour of the knob match perfectly to the bolt arm.
5. ROCK SOLID. No wiggle, jiggle, nothing!
6. No issues on scope or cheek rest clearance.
LOVE IT!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Outstanding, thanks DT!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like my bolt lift except they didn't ship the epoxy but advertized that it came with it. No big deal - If I need to epoxy it i"ll put a screw knob on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have 2. Both work like a charm

·
Registered
9 Posts
I must be the unlucky guy. My one would not close propperly and after working with a dremmel it stil opens at the top when bolted together so a big fat nay.... Plus they ignore my emails....

·
Registered
19 Posts
I say yay. Super fast shipping, great product. Fit and finish were spot on. Installation was fast and easy. Works great!

Reactions: unclesarge58

·
Registered
10 Posts
I put one on my 700 sps and functions real good and was a easy install.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yay! I've had mine on my Remington 700 for a year now and love it. I'm a newbie to the long range shooting scene, just starting to rebuild my rifle, but this part will stay. Like you all said for someone who doesnt want to go through the trouble of having one installed by a gun smith, this upgrade is for you.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I put one on mine.

My thinking was I did not know if the bigger bolt was something I would like or not. I liked the looks of the bigger bolt handle, but liking the 'look' and liking the function are two different things.

I figured for less than $30... It was worth a shot....

I love it! I like how it works, it fits my bolt usage 'style' and I'll prob just leave it on, I don't know if I'll do a badger or not...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased the KRG bolt lift many months ago for my 20" Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD. It is an excellent and inexpensive upgrade that makes working the bolt much easier. I highly recommend it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts