700Rifle.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I sent a PM to VS Admin, on 4/30, again on 5/4, and again on 5/12. I have received NOTHING! Is there anyone monitoring this site?

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
Same issues we had when we were trying to see if the commercial ads could be limited in some way or at least consolidated.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve been trying to get get them to look at some way off target post, like the old hockey and baseball posts that kept popping up a while back.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This site seems to be just a place for vendors to peddle their stuff. However, I have gotten some very quick answers to my questions, and for that I am thankful.

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
Craig, There are a few of us that are trying hard to keep this site alive. There were hundreds of members in the past with thousands of posts that gave up and left. It is really unfortunate. Just help us and sign in often and participate and maybe we can get things to pick up.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Craig, There are a few of us that are trying hard to keep this site alive. There were hundreds of members in the past with thousands of posts that gave up and left. It is really unfortunate. Just help us and sign in often and participate and maybe we can get things to pick up.

Bob
Ditto!

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I guess the question to answer is, why did everyone leave?

·
Super Moderator
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I guess the question to answer is, why did everyone leave?
There were serious spam issues. We still have problems. That was why I was trying to get the admin. He just replied. See below. We have to deal with Gun.Deals now which makes sorting through active topics a pain in the A__. All that one is is a site that posts deals for other sites.

Not sure but I also suspect that the market change to new shooters buying AR's is partly to blame. Fewer new bolt guys.

Hello,

Sorry for the late response.
We are currently very backlogged.
I have banned those users as they were spammers.

Thanks,

Ed

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
Doom is right, for a while between the Spammers and the Multiple Vendor adds you might see 50 posts and have to scan through to find the one or two that were real. The major scammers are gone, but the ads persist, though they are better. There used to be the same vendors posting multiple adds multiple times a day.

Many of the past members were into long range target shooting and were and still are active on Sniper Hide. Depending on what kind of shooting you do usually drives people to specific sites. If you search some topics rather than just looking at new posts you will find a lot of other guys that have posted in the past like DeadShotII who have well over 3,000 posts, etc.

If you are a competition shooter or heavily into target shooting, you should check out AccurateShooter.com. You will find threads and answers on Remington 700s but that is probably the only rifle other than custom actions that are featured there. Hence why I feel that keeping this site going would be great.

Today I only have 3 700s. Most of my rifles are on Borden Or BAT action platforms, but I started with 700s in the 70s and still think the world of them.

Bob

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not sure but I also suspect that the market change to new shooters buying AR's is partly to blame. Fewer new bolt guys.
Well, with Canada banning all AR type rifles, you may see a resurgence of bolts.

Craig

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
There are plenty of bolt action enthusiasts in the U.S. Problem is there are plenty of firearm sites for each discipline of rifle shooting, so you get AR people on the Tactical Sites, the long range benchrest on others, short range bench rest, hunting etc. Make and Model Specific is a challenge, though if you look at the Smith and Wesson Forum every day there are DOZENS of pages of new posts and over 10,000 members.

Bob

·
Administrator
59 Posts
I've made a small adjustment to the site guys.

The "Active Topics" link in the top nav bar will now just be user generated content. If you want to see everything, go to the "New Posts" link

Kevin

·
Super Moderator
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

The "Active Topics" link in the top nav bar will now just be user generated content. If you want to see everything, go to the "New Posts" link

Kevin
Thank you for doing this. Hopefully it will improve the activity on the site.

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
Thank you ......... I like just seeing what is new and that I have not looked at already, but this is a big improvement.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
Thank you ......... I like just seeing what is new and that I have not looked at already, but this is a big improvement.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Kevin
So much for that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts